Lowering Springs or Coilovers

Daniel Church

Reaction score
Need advice.
I want to lower my A4 B8 but don't want to spend a fortune doing it. I won't ever take the vehicle on a track and i don't drive fast. All i want to do is stiffen up the ride slightly and reduce the gap between the wheel and wheel arch. Im torn between springs or coil overs. Im new to the Audi scene so any advice you can give me would be a great help.

What XP said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not what Chop. said ^^^

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
You boys don’t know what your missing :rockwoot:

Reactions: xpoweruk, gary_a4_quattro, Meemo and 1 other person
Need advice.
I want to lower my A4 B8 but don't want to spend a fortune doing it. I won't ever take the vehicle on a track and i don't drive fast. All i want to do is stiffen up the ride slightly and reduce the gap between the wheel and wheel arch. Im torn between springs or coil overs. Im new to the Audi scene so any advice you can give me would be a great help.
What are your shocks like? I personally wouldn't add lower springs to used OEM shocks (depending on your mileage)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You boys don’t know what your missing :rockwoot:

Harshness and every bump on the road

ahaha i missed @Chop. whilst I been non foruming at work :p

Suuuurely, if you get decent shocks that match the drop (Bilstein B8's shocks for a drop of 30-40mm) to match the 35mm drop on the H&R Sport springs, should get a nice all rounder :) by that point you are 700 in as good shocks arent cheap, but atleast you wouldnt spend months after regretting making your car feel like crap, and still cheaper than the equivelent coilovers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, xpoweruk and Chop.
Go low go firm :smilingimp:

Iv been running H&R springs on oem shocks for nearly 2 years I think and at 96k Iv not had any problems

Reactions: Meemo and xpoweruk