Lowering spring advice.

Chris-Vspec

Reaction score
The time has finally come for me to order a set of lowering springs for my b7 saloon fwd, I'm not sure if it matters a lot but its a TFSI special edition.

i have been reading posts about the Eibachs and the H&R kits which seem to be the popular choice, I just wanted to know what people recommend and where is best to purchase them.

i would like a reasonable drop from standard as I feel the car sits too high as it is and like many say the sline springs are quite crashy and want to eliminate that as best as possible, any advice or voices of experience greatly appreciated.

I went for the Eibach sportline 50/40 springs.....if you have the S-Line then they will lower the car by 30mm front and 20mm rear...which gets rid of the nasty height under the front arch.

Also they are SOOOOOOO much nicer to drive on than the VERY crashy S-Line OEM springs........Its a no brainer....

Reactions: Chris-Vspec
Thanks Tiffy, if you don't mind me asking where did you get yours from and what should I be expecting to pay for them?

I replaced mine with H&R springs, 30mm drop, paid £130ish if memory serves me right, all the way from Germany! The cheapest place I found, taking into account shipping costs, was German eBay!

I went for the Eibach sportline 50/40 springs.....if you have the S-Line then they will lower the car by 30mm front and 20mm rear...which gets rid of the nasty height under the front arch.

Also they are SOOOOOOO much nicer to drive on than the VERY crashy S-Line OEM springs........Its a no brainer....

Defo the way to go, did exactley as above

Thanks Tiffy, if you don't mind me asking where did you get yours from and what should I be expecting to pay for them?

I got mine from Damian @ DPM performance, sponsor sponsor on here

As Macdoon said, DPM Performance..... £168 delivered

I have H&Rs and have test driven a car on Eibach 50/40s. Both drive the same(better than S Line) and I don't really think you could notice any difference in height between the two even though H&R quote 35mm. Sure I paid £152 for mine from larkspeed.

Reactions: Chris-Vspec
Thanks for all the input, sounds like there is not much to choose between the 2 sets I'm looking at, will do some shopping around tomorrow and let you know what I decide on.

on a fitment note, are they pretty straight forward with a set of spring compressors and a friend with a ramp

Make sure you buy a pair of pinch bolts for the front suspension...as 9/10 times they ahve to be cut/hammered out