1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering my S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3jrh, May 8, 2011.

1. s3jrh

s3jrh New Member

Hi, i have just bought an s3, i plan on doing a lot of work to it and am looking for some advice. Firstly i want to lower it, maybe just 40mm on shocks and springs for comfort, when i put coilys in my old a3 i ran into problems and ended up having to change the anti roll bar and link arms, so im just wondering if i go for shocks and springs what else will i have to change/upgrade?
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Hi mate and welcome, you wont have the a3 issues but you will probably need some adjustable rear tie bars to get the camber back.
  3. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

Youl need adjustable tie arms on the rear to compensate for the Camber youl get when lowering it. Other thab that there should be no problems, unless you have mahoosive wheels. I don't think shocks and springs will lower 40mm though, coilovers Yeh.
  4. s3jrh

s3jrh New Member

orite, cheers for that! there not cheap:/ i will be getting wheels but just 18s or 19s. im not sure whether to go for coilys or not, on my old a3 they were way too hard and i dont totally want to ruin the comfort.