1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering my S3 8L "Advise please"

Mak Aug 29, 2010

1. Mak

Mak Azure Blue S3

As title, i want to lower my car. I phoned awesome gti the other day and they gave me a price for around £650 is this a good price or not? That was for coilovers fitted. Also told me that i could just replace the spings but the car has done 140,000 and i dont want to upset the shockers. I really dont know much about lowering cars, but this really needs it doing.

Few questions if anyone can answer them...

Do i need tie arms?
    What do i need?
    Are coilovers better?
    A good garage to fit them in Lancashire?
    How much am i looking at in total? (dont really need the best but my budget is about £500 fitted)

also my car is up for M.O.T soon and its got de-cat anyone know somewhere in Preston that will pass it with hte de-cat on?

Thanks in advance guys, look forward to seeing the replies.

2. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Prob best to PM about bent garages as you don't want to get anyone in a lot of trouble!

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

I think the average is over a grand easy for changing suspension and rear ties are a must or camber will be out
    pm S3dave View Profile: s3dave - Audi-Sport.net as he does stainless steel ones

If anyone does put a garage up who fiddle MOT's up on this public forum I'll remove it

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  4. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

Try back street garages that aren't so busy :)

5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

TBH mate awesome gti charged a hell of alot for fitting, i phoned demon tweaks up for a price for fitting coilovers and they were £100 cheaper and also chucked in 4 wheel alignement and offered to do any other little jobs while they were at it, awesome wanted etc.

I know where im going.

6. Mak

Mak Azure Blue S3

Im not after a bent garage, i want a proper mot, but i want it to pass with the de-cat on. I didn't put it on the car it was on when i bought it!

There are loads of cars on the road running de-cat. Please can someone help and advise me a garage that will mot my s3 witht the de-cat on. Pm me if you like, Thanks again guys...

7. quattro1

quattro1 Member

but it wont be a proper mot if they pass you with the decat fitted...

8. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Give us a shout if you'd like any prices for parts and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out.

Damian @ DPM Performance

9. Mak

Mak Azure Blue S3

Im still struggling. Looks like i'll have to put a cat on it.
    Anyone know if a standard cat will fit on as its a milltek system ive got on it at the moment, Or do i need a milltek sports cat which are very expensive i would have thought :)

I dont really understand why the last owner put in on??? But thankyou (not)