1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering my A6 on 18's

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by StevoA6, Aug 17, 2007.

1. StevoA6

StevoA6 Member

Hi, I dont know if any one went to Coombe and saw my car opposite the Audi Club stand. I would like advise on lowering my A6. I have a early 2002 1.8T Sport running on RS6 18's at standard height. I have 2 young boys and the car is a daily driver so I don't want it running to hard but running and looking better.

Also what drop do I get, I've been told the front and back will be at different heights? I've used Eibach before but open for advise and where to get them. I've had a price for the Eibach Pro Kit for £150 with 30mm drop - but will this look too low because of my 18's?

These are a couple of pics of as it looks now.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. karl7900

karl7900 Active Member

Hi Steve.

I've just recently lowered my car and fitted 18" wheels. My own A6 is a V6 and I bought a set of Koni Sport springs from http://www.venommotorsport.com/ and they brought the car down 40mm and cost £130.

My wheels are 8x18 with ET35 and 235/40/18 tyres on and there is no rubbing or fowling of arches at all. I use my car for work purposes and can sometimes have a lot of tools,drills or cables in the boot and I have'nt had any problems

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42906 This a link to a thread I posted showing the car on standard non-sport suspension and wheels and afters of the car lowered and with new wheels.

I hope this helps you decide what to do and if you need any more photo's at a different angle just ask :icon_thumright: .

Karl.
  3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

4. tahoehtp

tahoehtp New Member

I was lookin at same thing. I'm planning to buy 18" rims and thought about lowering it a little. it looks better lowered.
    and for me I have one kid too so can't go too much....
  5. dummi

dummi smoking a6

i have a spare new 25mm set lying about for v6 Q
  6. StanAE86

StanAE86 New Member

I've always had good experiences with Eibach. They generally are the most conservative when it comes to drop. I've also had H&R springs and they are VERY aggressive and very low. I would not recommend them on a daily driver car unless the roads you frequent are really smooth.

Good luck!