1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering my A6 on 18's

StevoA6 Aug 17, 2007

1. StevoA6

StevoA6 Member

Hi, I dont know if any one went to Coombe and saw my car opposite the Audi Club stand. I would like advise on lowering my A6. I have a early 2002 1.8T Sport running on RS6 18's at standard height. I have 2 young boys and the car is a daily driver so I don't want it running to hard but running and looking better.

Also what drop do I get, I've been told the front and back will be at different heights? I've used Eibach before but open for advise and where to get them. I've had a price for the Eibach Pro Kit for £150 with 30mm drop - but will this look too low because of my 18's?

These are a couple of pics of as it looks now.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. karl7900

karl7900 Active Member

Hi Steve.

I've just recently lowered my car and fitted 18" wheels. My own A6 is a V6 and I bought a set of Koni Sport springs from http://www.venommotorsport.com/ and they brought the car down 40mm and cost £130.

My wheels are 8x18 with ET35 and 235/40/18 tyres on and there is no rubbing or fowling of arches at all. I use my car for work purposes and can sometimes have a lot of tools,drills or cables in the boot and I have'nt had any problems

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42906 This a link to a thread I posted showing the car on standard non-sport suspension and wheels and afters of the car lowered and with new wheels.

I hope this helps you decide what to do and if you need any more photo's at a different angle just ask :icon_thumright: .

Karl.

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

4. tahoehtp

tahoehtp New Member

I was lookin at same thing. I'm planning to buy 18" rims and thought about lowering it a little. it looks better lowered.
    and for me I have one kid too so can't go too much....

5. dummi

dummi smoking a6

i have a spare new 25mm set lying about for v6 Q

6. StanAE86

StanAE86 New Member

I've always had good experiences with Eibach. They generally are the most conservative when it comes to drop. I've also had H&R springs and they are VERY aggressive and very low. I would not recommend them on a daily driver car unless the roads you frequent are really smooth.

Good luck!