1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering kit

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_dyson06, Sep 12, 2004.

1. imported_dyson06

imported_dyson06 Guest

has anyone lowered their a4? if so, how much did it set you back?

I'm thinking about lowering 2". They look pretty cool
  2. curtis11

curtis11 Member

u will need coilovers for that m8, mine has -45mm springs which drop it about an inch. they r a bitch to lower
  3. imported_dyson06

imported_dyson06 Guest

did you have a mech do it?
  4. K212

K212 Member

I am having someone do it for me. I bought HR sport springs and Bilsteins. The guy ran into trouble with my front passenger. It seems the bolts are so tight that he can't do it. I have to take it to a professional shop :/ I didn't think it would be such a problem...

Any other stories?
  5. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

i bet the bolt that he is having trouble with is the control arm knuckle, and that is a bitch to get out. I would do the suspenion myself, cause its very easy to do and plus you will hvae more money left over
  6. Markey

Markey Active Member

I have got HR springs and Spax shocks, which has lowered it a fair way and the car handles like a dream now.

At first i just had some lowering springs fitted on the old shocks they showed that they were really tired so the performance was ****.. So i replaced the lot.

I had the same trouble with the bolts i had to drill them out and replace them. Which took ages..
  7. Lowride

Lowride Member

Don`t talk to me about those bolts!!!

Its a design fault on Audi`s behalf, they put them exactly where all the **** will get on them and sieze up. I managed to sort the front passenger one out myself with some oil, took about an hr or two of constantly sprayin it on, hittin the bolt with a hammer and generally loosin it up, u can`t get a blow torch etc. on it cuz it`ll melt the rubbers..

I had a garage I know thru a mate fit my lowering kit, I bought FK AK coilovers from Gwent VW in Wales for £369 all inc. Thats a good price, the fronts will go down about 20/30mm lower than the rears, I`ve lowered mine 120mm all round, I`ve had to do a fair bit of arch work on the fronts but its worth it. The garage that fitted my kit had to drill the driver`s side bolt out of the suspension arm, it took them about 2hrs!!!

To get my A4 sittin exactly how I wanted I must have set the suspension up about four times, its perfect now and its never gonna be adjusted again. I hav my MOT on Friday, I hav about 1cm clearance to get on the ramps. I drive 200 miles a wk with the car this low and hav no problems

I would point anybody who is lookin to lower their car in the direction of Gwent VW and the FK AK coilover kit, the ride is amazin
  8. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

how long ago did you buy this as Gwent VW is very local to me, and also wots the ride like?? I dont want to lose too much ride quality as my last car was lowered by 100mm and handled very well, but ripped your fillings out on harsh roads,lol

Mark
  9. Markey

Markey Active Member

I was lucky enough to only have to drill out 1 of those bolts which was good as that took ages to do.....
  10. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

have u any pics mate??
  11. Lowride

Lowride Member

I`ll take some and get them posted up..