1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lowering help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chrismoore, Feb 27, 2014.

1. chrismoore

chrismoore New Member

[Feb 27, 2014]
    I have a 53 plate 2.0tdi se a3 which i want to lower to kill some of the arch gap. However i would still need to be able to carry a full car so cant have it scrapping on the ground. would lowering springs be what I am looking for if so which kit and will the SE shocks be able to run them without leaking or bouncing too much or am i better off going for a cheap set of coil overs like jom or grp with there 2 was adjustable coil overs. also do you need to run shorter drop links when looking like the leons.

thanks in advance chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Fanboy

Fanboy An Audi Fanboy

[Feb 27, 2014]
    You will need to change the shocks soon if you go down for springs, however you could go for springs and get some decent shocks which would cost £££, I would go for AP or APX coilovers as they are quite good coils, couple of months ago I installed APX coilovers n very please... no knocks no bouncing or anything...

And I have lowered my car about 55mm, also have wide wheels, I think I got some pics in my s3 thread...

Hope it helps :)
    Persian likes this.
  4. Persian

Persian CEO

[Feb 27, 2014]
    To be fair with you normal springs on your standard shocks would not last long specially knowing your going to be using the car to its full potential I.e full car loaded!

I made the same mistake and even though it's me alone daily driving to uni and back my front shocks broke and all other 3 had jus made the car turn into a bouncy castle!

Go with coilovers that way you can adjust them to your liking and you would be sure of quality, comfort and safety if you want to call it.
  5. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Feb 28, 2014]
    How many miles have your current shocks covered and did you have a budget in mind for what you're wanting to spend?

Damian @ DPM Performance
  6. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Feb 28, 2014]
    How many miles have your current shocks covered and did you have a budget in mind for what you're wanting to spend?

Damian @ DPM Performance
  7. chrismoore

chrismoore New Member

[Feb 28, 2014]
    i Dont know how many they have done but the car has done 166k so much be quite old. and not a huge budget really moneys going to be tight as looking for some new wheels too as the 16 that are on there are nasty looking.
  8. Fanboy

Fanboy An Audi Fanboy

[Feb 28, 2014]
    166k wow n still running fine, what reg is it
  9. Mattbaigent

Mattbaigent New Member

[Feb 28, 2014]
    I have an 03 sport and fitted some H&R springs -25mm from DPM about 3 years ago and car is still running fine and much smoother ride!
  10. chrismoore

chrismoore New Member

[Mar 1, 2014]
    does the sport not have stiffer struts or am i wrong there. and yes still running good just had an enigine around 160k before i brought it costing 4k