1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering A4 1.9TDI (130) Avant

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Jamie Triner, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jamie Triner

Jamie Triner New Member

[Sep 23, 2012]
    Hi there! Finally got my Audi all fixed up now so now I wouldn't mind trying to make her look a little sexy. I currently got the standard car apart from 18 inch RS4 6 twin spoke alloy wheels. Idea is to colour code the grey parts of the lower bumpers, new plates and maybe to lower it as it sits pretty high.

Ive seen springs over the internet, around 40mm drop. My question is if I lower the car 40mm am i still in the tolerances of how far the car can be lowered without having to adjust the cast and camber? I asked my dad and he wasn't sure if i would have to adjust it to lower it down that much, I'm a bit concerned as i don't want to start having uneven tyre wear.

Also does anyone of here have an avant with 18"s on thats been dropped 40mm with the standard colour coded body? Was going to try to edit a photo of i have of my car but didn't know if there was some good examples around here?

Cheers guys!
    Steve B5 Biker likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Sep 23, 2012]
    You would need to get the wheel alignment done for sure and it should be done every time you change something on the front suspension in particular.......to make sure wheels are not out and prematurely wear out.
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 23, 2012]
    Just be aware that all the quoted drops are for standard ride height. A Sport is already 20mm lower than standard, so 40mm springs on a Sport will actually only drop the car 20mm.
  5. pink.teg

pink.teg Member

[Sep 23, 2012]
    Hi m8
    is ur Audi a Quattro
    if so I have a set of tein lowering springs
    been on my car for 2 weeks
    then off to make way for even lower one's
    20 quid there ur's
  6. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Sep 24, 2012]