Lowering 2.0 tdi s line.

bigpkr

Reaction score
This WILL of been asked before so please dont flame me im new.

Ive got got my first audi a 2.0 tdi 170 s line.

Its sits a little high for me but only about 10mm or so as i plan to put 19's on it and want no rubbing.

So from what i read the s line is already lowered 25mm as standard so ill need some 35mm lowering springs?

I like eibach pro kits but for my car it says it lowers it 30mm well 140 to lower it 5mm seems a lot.

Whats springs do you suggest to get the drop i need?

Dont want to go the coilover route i got some a few cars ago and didnt like them but they was only vmaxx ones so cheap s**t.

This WILL of been asked before so please dont flame me im new.

Ive got got my first audi a 2.0 tdi 170 s line.

Its sits a little high for me but only about 10mm or so as i plan to put 19's on it and want no rubbing.

So from what i read the s line is already lowered 25mm as standard so ill need some 35mm lowering springs?

I like eibach pro kits but for my car it says it lowers it 30mm well 140 to lower it 5mm seems a lot.

Whats springs do you suggest to get the drop i need?

Dont want to go the coilover route i got some a few cars ago and didnt like them but they was only vmaxx ones so cheap s**t.

My S-Line was running Eibach Sportline's on 19's when I bought it, and it didn't look any lower than a standard S-Line. If you want it to sit lower, then you'll need something more severe than those.

What car did you have coilovers on? I'm running V-Maxx on my A3 and the ride/handling/drop is great.

This is my SE sitting on 18's, with 55mm H&R springs. I think its just about perfect. Wouldn't want it sitting much higher anyway.

DSC_0183.jpg

Stick a couple of paving slabs in the foot wells and boot........problem solved and £1000 saved ;-)

I had the vmaxx's on a mk5 golf gti i had a few years ago, they bottomed out loads and was not set on the lowest setting.

The 55mm springs on 18's look right but ill prob be going upto 19's so will the 55mm drop be too much?

Yeah paving slabs work for the rear but what can i use for the front?? lol

Does anyone else find that the H&R springs leave the front end riding high? I was going to go for some, since everyone seems keen on them, but all the pics I've seen of 8P A3s with H&R springs fitted show the front end looking almost 10mm too high.

If i went for the say spax 45mm springs could i still fit 19's with a 45et?