Lower A4 1.8 T Sport

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Looking at getting 18"s soon & lowering the car.

so have a couple of questions.

(1) Has anyone fitted 18s to a standard ride hieght 1.8t sport, does it sit high as a kite?

(2) Where can i get 50-60 mm springs? As the sports i know come something like 20mm lower standard. So i would like my car done at least 30mm.

I have had trouble tracking down a set of springs for the car. Can any let me know where i can get them. I was wanting to avoid coilovers as i wount adjust them once they are on. But if a spring / damper kit cost close to the same then i may go for coilovers.

Also what can coilovers bring the car down. There will be a limit. Just wouldnt bother if they didnt bring it down by the above mentioned amounts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I have 40mm GSF branded springs fitted to my car, and they do exactly as they said on the box. The car is lowered at least 40mm, if not 50mm. A mate of mine fitted Ventura springs, again supposedly a 40mm drop, but i couldn't tell the difference betwen his before and after the suspension was fitted.

Another mate has 18" RS6 wheels fitted to his standard ride height A4, and it is high as a kite!

40mm springs should only drop the Sport versions about 20 mm is this correct?

This is my Sport on 18's with standard suspension

IMGP5083.jpg

That looks fine to be a 20mm drop on that would look quite good. RS4s are going to be on order soon me thinks.