1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low speed accident

TaylorK Aug 30, 2012

1. TaylorK

TaylorK Member

Driving back from the beach this morning, I had a slight collision with a van... I was only only doing about 5-6mph, my front bbumper tapped the back of the van. The number plate has cracked but other than that the exterior damage to the bumper seems very limited. Is there anything mechanical I should check? Thanks

2. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Regional Rep VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

Your brakes? jk

If you have sensors, make sure they're working, and maybe get a VCDS scan in case the airbag sensors aren't happy either. Other than that, low-speed impact shouldn't do anything but superficial damage.

3. TaylorK

TaylorK Member

Haha! Can't blame the car at all! Was definately down to operator error! Thanks for the advice!

4. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Even in low-speed impacts damage can hide itself. If I was you I would have look under the bumper to see if any mounting brackets etc etc have snapped/detached. Sounds daft but better to be on the safe side.