Low part exchange value?

Jeeves

quattronly
Reaction score
Was offered £12k for my S-Line Special Edition 2.0 TDI 170PS quattro Avant 07/07 47k miles with the following spec (from memory)

RNS-E nav
BOSE
Phone prep - low incl armrest, bluetooth and voice control
sunroof
factory detachable towbar
folding mirrors
storage pack
privacy glass

Car is Phantom black, so looks quite stealthy with black optics and privacy glass too. Just had all injectors replaced with consequent 2 year warranty on them (and loom).

Service (FASH) and brake fluid change all bang up-to-date with only cambelt replacement due next year. MOT'd 'til March

The car's clean, no accidents etc. and in good condition, so I thought the PX was a bit low given the extras on there; so I've decided to hang on as I'm sure that it won't be worth any less if we have another winter like the previous couple.

Doesn't cost me anything to insure (family fleet policy with ceiling value for all cars combined), and £50 a month in comprehensive warranty which covers DPF (although I've never seen a light for that yet!), aircon etc. With Audi fixed price servicing it makes for relatively cheap running @ nearly 40mpg, so another reason to hang on to it?

Anyone got any views on what you think is a realistic value? Thanks.

Last edited:
Wow ! stealth for sale advert if ever I saw one

I can see where your coming from, but I actually pulled it back from the dealer as it's worth more to me than that, so I'm not trying to sell it just now.

Just trying to see if they were lifting my leg, or its my own barometer which needs recalibrating. Either way, there's a sentimental attachment which I should, but can't factor out, and I feel that with the warranty work, lowish miles and running costs as well as the good value 3rd party warranty I've bought into (which would now cost me 50% more than when I bought it); there's a good car there which I would be daft to let go just yet.