Low oil pressure light after serpentine belt change

Gonzorockio

Reaction score
Hi all. I just had my 2004 S4 alternator belt changed with Audi drove about 2 miles then the red low oil pressure light came on had to have it recovered. I spoke to Audi and they informed me that this had nothing to do with the repair which i find baffling as i have never had the light come on before. The dip stick shows the oil level is fine but i understand there could be other reasons also the battery had to come out and the sensor is close so is it possible it got damaged. Any help would be appreciated if anyone got knowledge of this issue.

Thanks

Follow the wire from the oil pressure switch, should be near the oil filter housing. Check the wire is intact and the connector is properly connected, if it is disconnect it and check the wire at the connector. The wire could be frayed as it's only a single wire. I think it has been disturbed during battery removal.
Did it give three warning beeps and the LOW OIL PRESSURE warning, if not, it's oil level it's warning you of.
Keep us posted?

First things first, get a mechanical oil pressure gauge on there and confirm if there is pressure while being cranked over. Don't trust the "idiot light" and don't risk starting it up until you have confirmation of oil pressure with a mechanical gauge!