Low Coolant Warning

XPOWER

Reaction score
I was driving home in 30 min of heavy traffic and there was a warning saying stop engine because of low coolant.

I was only a 30 seconds away from arriving at so carried on.
The oil temp wasn't overly high so I'm guessing the engine wasn't over heating.
20170114_1753331_zpsr0het2qa.jpg

I checked the coolant and it was under the min level.

Is it normal for this engine to loose coolant?
I haven't owned a car that's ever required the coolant to be topped up in between services.

My Golf R's came on the other day. I'm sure it's fine, just top it up and monitor it.

Mine was below the min level a few weeks ago so got the Dealer to top it up when it was in for a brake check.

No warning light though but think they do use coolant as had this on some previous audis.

Just worth keeping a regular check on it.

Same thing happened to me the other day. Took off the lid and it all bubbled up, lid back on and has been fine since but keeping an eye on it.

The same situation I had on my previous S3.
Audi shop told me it may have been a bubble in the cooling circuit.
I did fill with specific liquid (the pink color and not the blue one), kept under level control but never had more need of a refill ...

Yes it's normal It happened to me too

it should not be normal but it is frequent.

happened in my S3 8V during its 120.000km

happening in the RS3 too...

regards

I read this thread and thought, hmmmm thats strange, not sure it should do that. Then last weekend it happened to my car.:blink:
I was on the M4 motorway when the warning message came up on the dashboard. I got it topped up and so far haven't had any problems.