1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low coolant warning light on dash

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mikerd4, Dec 22, 2007.

1. mikerd4

mikerd4 Member

Every so often when I drive of my driveway my coolant warning sign flashes on the centre display unit. Ive checked the coolant level and its fine. If I stop and restart the enging the warning doesnt come back on and if I leave it running it goes off after about 60 seconds.

Does the sensor have a habit of playing up?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jeffers999

jeffers999 got boost

Mine does the same too the water is always fine i been told its the sensor in the header tank so nothing serious i hope lol..

4. mattm

mattm V6

mine does it too, ive heard its due to the cold weather and someone at audi said it flashes to remind you not to rag the engine until its warm :)

5. Oz

Oz Fair Dinkum Leg End

Mine does this too, only when the weather is cold, if you top the coolant resovoir up ever so slightly over max it should sort it.

6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

I have just booked mine in to have a new bottle with sensor....costing me £35 (£5 fitting)fitted by an ex Audi mechanic with original parts.....this bottle may be up for sale as i maybe part ex'ing next week without it.

7. madvw

madvw Active Member

classic.

I wonder if they also tell people that the oil light comes on to remind people to defrost their windscreens.

8. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

It'll be the gimp making tea for the valeter making that statement. Apparently the engine only gets hot to warm the heaters.......

:asskicking: bad Audi employed pleb

9. mastayoda

mastayoda Member

mine did that too and the coolant level was just above min, ive topped it up a bit and its stopped.