1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low budget brake update for S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Triple_A, May 27, 2005.

1. Triple_A

Triple_A Member

[May 27, 2005]
    I'm thinkin to update my brakes with Seat Ibiza Cupra 4-pot brembo calipers. I was thinkin to use std size drilled disks and then i need to get caliper carrier, maybe custom-made.

Has anyone done that?
    Is there any point in that upgrade?

I know that there can´t be big difference in brake power, but i get one pair of second hand calipers quite cheap...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm thinkin to update my brakes with Seat Ibiza Cupra 4-pot brembo calipers. I was thinkin to use std size drilled disks and then i need to get caliper carrier, maybe custom-made.

Has anyone done that?
    Is there any point in that upgrade?

I know that there can´t be big difference in brake power, but i get one pair of second hand calipers quite cheap...

[/ QUOTE ]

The cost of having a bracket custom made would be horrendous... Would work out cheaper to buy a kit and you would get a better kit for the price.

Rich
  4. Triple_A

Triple_A Member

[May 27, 2005]
    Those calipers costs ~250€ together and i think that i can make those caliper carriers in my work. Brembo JR kit would cost ~1500€ in my country...

Do you think that braking power would be better than std with those 4-pot calipers when i dont change disk size?
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Those calipers costs ~250€ together and i think that i can make those caliper carriers in my work. Brembo JR kit would cost ~1500€ in my country...

Do you think that braking power would be better than std with those 4-pot calipers when i dont change disk size?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its guaranteed to be better!