1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love hate !

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by paddy, Jul 18, 2009.

1. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I have had my A3 for a couple of years and when it runs well its excellent ...but when it plays up its a nightmare simply because Audi dealers are **** iMHO.
    recently i have tried a CLK 350 and A BMW 330 as well as a 3.2 TT but i have to say the A3 is a superior car !! All the reasons i brought it in the first place still stand, the silky V6 the excellent semi auto DSG the 4 wheel drive, the superb brakes etc....but its that DSG that beats the Merc and BMW every time..
    today i came home and polished it, hoovered it and fell in love with it all over again....
    Now i just need to get the Air Con to blow cold for more than 2 minutes and i will be happy. I think i might even tart it up a bit :)

PS... disregard the Signature ...I fixed the gearbox :yes:

seen here demoing Air con problem !

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

what was DGS prob?
  3. paddy

It would slip into get you home mode about once a week !! fine most of the time. Turned out to be an open circuit solenoid in the box, operantly quite common and there is a Audi software fix for it so i had to have the new software installed. No problem since.
    Audi being Audi and despite it being a known problem with a simple fix...charged me £200 anyway !!
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

thats totally lame from them - should have been free. Glad its one less issue for you..
  5. bluequattro

bluequattro Member

the dealers are killing off the so called audi image, which audi hq have been trying so hard to build..
  6. paddy

Audi Guildford in Surrey, last service they charged me £100 for 5ltr of oil !!

cant believe its just me.
  7. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

:faint: