1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud Squeaking Noise (Nearside Rear)

Els Apr 19, 2010

1. Els

Els Member

Hi chaps,

My car has developed a bloody annoying squeaking noise, its pretty damn loud too.

Its only really when going at slower speeds round town, but it can be heard outside the car.

I have had a poke round when the car is stationary but I can't provoke the squeak!

Any ideas what it could be, its driving me mad and I am going to the 'ring at the end of the month.

2. Els

Els Member

Any ideas chaps

3. finesse

finesse Active Member

?Springs

4. BigD-a3tq

BigD-a3tq Member

ive got an annoying squeaking aswell, i think it could be the rear ARB bushes?

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

Any more information? Does it change when you brake? Does it change when you accelerate/decelerate? Is it the same round corners/over bumps?

I'd be looking at wheel bearings & brakes based on what you've said. Have you had any work done recently?

6. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

i have a rely annoying squeaking sound and i found it out to be my rear seat on the catch. it was popped in correctly but use to squeak rely bad

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

A mouse??

You sure its coming from the back, common problem is a squeaking/creaking noise from the ARB Bushes.