Loud Rattle from engine - Audi80 '93 TDi

LongI

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest..?
Ive a Audi80 '93 TDi done 127k and had it 5 months. Just passed MOT. Not serviced for 9 months.
In the last couple of weeks Ive noticed a loud rattle from the middle-to right section of the engine as you look at it.
It doesnt get faster as the car does. Seems to stay pretty constant. Can't seee anything untoward as I look at it. Anyone know what this could be..?

muchobliged

steven

make sure your ignition switch is not ******** and your starter motor is not stuck on

Cheers

yes I'lll look into that this weekend - thanks. I had some amateur diagnosis going on last night, suggestion:- the 'crank' had gone..? The noise is definitely coming from the top section of the main part of the engine and if that it goes the whole engine is done - Apologies for my lack of technical speak..! Its been taken off the road forthwith.

Steven

does the car run alright apart from the noise does it still have pull...is it stuttery or have flat spots when accelerating

does the car run alright apart from the noise does it still have pull...is it stuttery or have flat spots when accelerating