Loud clonk

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
driving home last night and under hard acceleration i hear quite a loud clonk noise from the front. every thing felt ok so i assumed i just ran over somthing.

just been out and had to pull out of a juntion quite quickly and that donk is quite bad. its the offside front wheels area. as iparked up i wobbled my wheel, and to my horror i can move it about 1" either way. (front to back of car)

until i get my jack back off my mate later today i cant jack it up and have a look. what do you think i have broken??

cheers

suspension arm/bush sound very much like what mine is did........... prone for it if the bushes are knackered im assuming the arm could come away

Mine did this, was the lower arms ball joint. £40 for a new one. Bit of a sod to change as you need to drop the subframe to remove the bolt

i just unbolted the corner of the subframe and levered the edge down enough to get the bolt out

Its probably worthwhile changing all the arms at once though, will totally transform how the car drives. I did mine recently with a kit from ebay and the difference was remarkable.

Mine did this, was the lower arms ball joint. £40 for a new one. Bit of a sod to change as you need to drop the subframe to remove the bolt

oh nice..... mk1 mondeo sindrome!

found this after risking it with the factory jack....

07072008392.jpg

didnt check the lower arm as i was not getting under the car on that dodgy old audi jack!

is that where the movement is coming from? if so then changing the track rod ends should cure it, you'll need to get the tracking reset afterwards though.

The kit i got from ebay for mine had all 8 arms, both TRE's and the arb links so i just did the lot.

If you dont want to change the lot, then at least change both track rod ends.

im thinking changing the lot would make sense. im wanting some coilies so buying them and doing all bushes would give my car a brand new feel.

got our holiday next month too... mite have to just swallow some lowering shocks and spring kit!

dont suppose you have a link to this kit do you?

as i said, i found nothing wrong with the quality of the kit i bought, its not been on the car long (perhaps 3-4 thousand miles), but there arent any problems so far.
I do quite high mileage anyway (~400+miles a week) so i guess i'll find out soon enough if they're ****!