1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of power under load, blue smoke, VCDS codes.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by SAiLO, Mar 4, 2010.

1. SAiLO

SAiLO Enthusiast VCDS Map User

[Mar 4, 2010]
    Hi guys,
    recently my car has developed a problem - when under load (for instance: on 4th gear reaching 3k revs and pushing the accelerator pedal) the engine will noticeably lose power, then car goes into limp mode.

A few weeks ago I've noticed car being really smoky, so I took off the bluefin remap and carried on without it. Blue smoke would still be visible when starting from the traffic lights etc.

Think it might be the turbo saying goodbye, but I've also been thinking about boost pipes since I can hear hissing sound when I take my foot off the accelerator when on boost.

Here are the VCDS codes.

Can someone experienced recommend a good garage to change the turbo and if I have to the pipes as well in London area? East London preferably.

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[Mar 4, 2010]
    Turbo is on it's way out, most probably the bearings in the turbo and that's why you are seeing blue smoke out of the back, i have just had turbo failure and i lost ALL the oil, so if yours goes pop turn the engine of straight away! Otherwise it's new engine time.
  4. phil76

phil76 Active Member

[Mar 4, 2010]
    Looking at those codes i wouldnt say the turbo is knackered but something else especially as its bringing up a boost pressure reg fault,normally when turbo's are going there is no fault codes,normally a turbo on its way out produces grey smoke,blue smoke is normally burning oil or internal engine component damage
  5. SAiLO

SAiLO Enthusiast VCDS Map User

[Mar 4, 2010]
    I'm taking it to a garage on monday. Hopefully it's just a boost leak from the pipes. Let's see what they say. Booked it with audi for Tuesday but might go independent on Monday to check what they've got to say. Thank God the warranty covers turbo.... :)