1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of power on dual carriageway

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Casper31, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Casper31

Casper31 New Member

Was just wondering if anyone could give me abit help with this ok I was driving down the a19 yesterday in my 130tdi got to just over 60 then power just went it was like I had just been pulled back it felt weird got off a19 the car just felt like it had no turbo there was just no power there when a put my foot down it just didn't sound right either so I just drove home switch it off started it up again revved it and it sounded like turbo was back so went back round the block and power was there again car was back to normal anyone no what could have coursed this any help would be great thanks
  2. Mike_B

Mike_B Member

I had an identical experience with a 2.5 I had years ago - turned out to be a faulty MAF. Mike.
  3. Casper31

Casper31 New Member

I was thinking that because I this problem with a golf I had I didn't have the maf plugged in on it and when it got wet it would loose power aswel but it wasn't wet yesterday it does splutter now and again but that's the first time it has lost all turbo power .
  4. simers

simers Member

I had the same problem with mine a few months ago... Exact same experience... Problem sorted itself and hasn't happened since...
  5. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Active Member

Turbo vanes sticking and causing overboost, puts the car into limp mode. You turn off and it's cleared till next time.
    Slap some decent fuel through it and maybe a tin of EGR cleaner.

Or search for the Mr Muscle trick.
  6. Casper31

Casper31 New Member

Don't think it could be the egr coz a put a tin in it a few weeks ago when it had a service.
  7. stu_m

stu_m Active Member

as blackQuat says

sticking vanes causing overboost

search for the mr muscle turbo clean its easy to do over a few hours