1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loss of power audi a4 2.5 tdi quattro

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Johnboymason, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Johnboymason

Johnboymason Member

[Apr 3, 2013]
    can anyone help me, im losing power on my 51 plate audi 2.5 tdi quattro, just replace water pump, timing chain pullys, thermostat, engine temp cencor, i can be driving along and my foot will be flat to the floor and it just creeps up to 2000 revs, but then 5 mins later the power comes gushing back :s ive checked boost pipes and all seem fine, no faults codes or anythink anyone any ideas please
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

[Apr 3, 2013]
    Sounds like limp mode - mine done it a couple of times after I ragged it - but once I turned the ignition off and on it was OK again?
  4. Johnboymason

Johnboymason Member

[Apr 3, 2013]
    well when am driving along say in second and a go to put my foot down theres just nothink there and it slowly climbs up the revs, but 5 mins later when ive still be driving the power comes back out of no where :S
  5. Johnboymason

Johnboymason Member

[Apr 3, 2013]
    when i put my foot down and change gear it also makes a chatter noise as if pipe off airbox and mass air flow is dissconnected :S