Loss of power 4th & 5th gear around 1800rpm - Limp mode??

Hi Adam

No problem mate
Does make the car much smoother and a lot more responsive without that bunch old redundant spaghetti ;)

How is your inlet manifold gasket ?
and the hose from the turbo to pancake pipe (mine split on the pancake end) clip overtightened!

dunno how you hear a hiss mate
My engine is so noisy i don't think i would hear a bomb going off 10 feet away :)

Regards
Rick

Hi Adam

No problem mate
Does make the car much smoother and a lot more responsive without that bunch old redundant spaghetti ;)

How is your inlet manifold gasket ?
and the hose from the turbo to pancake pipe (mine split on the pancake end) clip overtightened!

dunno how you hear a hiss mate
My engine is so noisy i don't think i would hear a bomb going off 10 feet away :)

Regards
Rick

That's what i was suspecting last night could it be a rough manifold gasket? Im sure it was really good when i refitted the turbo, i even used some gasket seal.

Pancake pipe?? Ya lost me there bud.

Yeh my engine is pretty noisy, its most likely me, as i have never spent so much time under the bonnet as much as i have in the last 6 months, lol

Check the pipe between the n75 and actuator. If its original it may well have cracked

Cheers Beachbuggy, but all pipes have been replaced, have done as Cobra suggested above, so only have the 3 pipes now, which are all brand new red ones

that pipe is where the turbo draws air in before compressing it then sending to intercooler.

i would guess your noise is coming from the other hose on that end of the turbo.
it heads out over the right driveshaft and can sometimes rub through on the right driveshaft so i would check there next mate.

Regards
Rick

Could it be the TIP collapsing under the load, the long period it was sat for could have perished the rubber?...