Loss of boost error code 16500?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Car keeps intermitantly dropping boost to about 6psi, kill the ignition and restart and it's ok again. Had the same fault a few months back and I changed the coolant temp sensor and it cured the problem but it's returned. Duff sensor or something else?

Looks that way did you use a genuine sensor ?? And the superseded green one instead of the blue one iirc ??

id also check the resistance of the wires make sure theres no abnormal resistance between the ecu and sensor !!

Just noticed that when it drops to limp home the temp guage is down 10degs and is sitting on 80. Is this Deffo a duff New senor as I don't want to shell out to find the fault is still there.

Check what its reading through the HVAC see what the ecu is reading but i wouldnt think that the stat would cause it to throw a code so id probably say it the sensor ??

boost isnt limited by temp. Temp will mess fuelling up tho, but 75 degrees is only a few degrees off tbh. mine runs at 82 degrees on its low temp stat, but dash sits at 90

Well that's going to be annoying as the Damn thing drops the boost right off. Reset ignition and we're back to 12psi. No other fault codes present. MAF replaced with new OEM item in the spring.

New OEM sensor fitted and it pulls like a train, no codes bar the immobiliser one. Guage now sits where I would expect and no more boost dropping off.

If I can now sort my clunk from the steering and the immobiliser problem I'll be sorted.