Losing boost

Actually quite jealous as if I was to do mine all over again I'd do an R32 engine swap rather than a stroker build...

Probably look at using a DSG box and Rotrex supercharger too rather than a turbo... who knows... if I get bored lol

Good luck... should be an interesting one :)

<tuffty/>

Didn't know you could put the dsg on our car?! I know the dsg is pretty impressive but I love a proper manual! What have you stroked yours to tuffty? Ive read a some of your old threads, the one where you just decided to go Bt after a trip to badger 5, an ran out of battery after about the 20th page lol, very interesting read I must say! Any who did a little test fit of some wheels I'm considering putting on, they are genuine brabus wheels, I know they need stretched tyres and a smaller spacer or no spacer at all but was just to get an idea of what they look like, what's your thoughts fellas?

Didn't know you could put the dsg on our car?! I know the dsg is pretty impressive but I love a proper manual! What have you stroked yours to tuffty? Ive read a some of your old threads, the one where you just decided to go Bt after a trip to badger 5, an ran out of battery after about the 20th page lol, very interesting read I must say!

Mk1 TT was available as a 3.2 v6 (R32 engine) and DSG... same chassis as the 8L S3 so if it works in the TT I am pretty sure I could get it working in the S3

TFSI crank is 92.8mm stroke over the 1.8's 86.4mm stroke... with the 82mm pistons I have it gives 1960cc... torque is the key thing with the stroker of course..

Have a read from page 53 mate... thats where eh latest stuff kicks off

<tuffty/>

Mk1 TT was available as a 3.2 v6 (R32 engine) and DSG... same chassis as the 8L S3 so if it works in the TT I am pretty sure I could get it working in the S3

TFSI crank is 92.8mm stroke over the 1.8's 86.4mm stroke... with the 82mm pistons I have it gives 1960cc... torque is the key thing with the stroker of course..

Have a read from page 53 mate... thats where eh latest stuff kicks off

<tuffty/>
Another real amature question from myself. I've tried to google it so I don't embarrass myself asking here but couldn't find the answer.

If you change the displacement of your engine do you need a retune to change fueling and other bits and pieces? Or would the standard map for instance run fine?

Quick question for tuffty.. How can I get myself one of these systems? I've been looking for this kind of tailpipe for a while borla/diesel single downwards swept pipe. Any info would be helpful.

P.s don't care about noise levels, the louder the better if I'm honest :)

Thats the one Bill made for the Lupo... so custom built essentially... I built my system too..

20140317 223702

20140317 224257

Anything is possible

<tuffty/>

Once the car is running right me thinks I'll be asking bill to make me one of those :) do you recon he could mock up an actual borla back box to a 3' system? I like yours but I feel everyone an anyone who has a s3/a3 always goes for the standard twin pipes design, nothing wrong with it.. I'm just a bit different an like doing things that aren't the norm.

An do you know if bill has done any side exit's? I have been toying with the idea for a while now, an have a straight thru side exit for 364 days of the year an Switch to the borla/lupo rear section for mot's an race days as no doubt the side exit will be too loud.

Deep enough :) I've budgeted around 20k a year to go on the car! Curious to see where the car is in 5 years :) an seeing as I can use my aprilia rsvr 1000 as my daily commute I don't really need to make the car more subtle for daily driving. My end goal is something similar to the 0-400 blue you tube monster :)

Another real amature question from myself. I've tried to google it so I don't embarrass myself asking here but couldn't find the answer.

If you change the displacement of your engine do you need a retune to change fueling and other bits and pieces? Or would the standard map for instance run fine?

Sorry to ask again, just very curious.

Sorry to ask again, just very curious.

Too many variables... arguably a wideband ECU would 'cope' but depends on everything else... advice would be at the very least get the car run up and logged on a dyno to check that al is good in the world...

If you have used a generic stage 1/2 map then its load profiles won't be suited to the quicker spooling 2ltr and it could affect timing maps too... never really done this without a mapping session being involved so can't really comment on it further

<tuffty/>

Too many variables... arguably a wideband ECU would 'cope' but depends on everything else... advice would be at the very least get the car run up and logged on a dyno to check that al is good in the world...

If you have used a generic stage 1/2 map then its load profiles won't be suited to the quicker spooling 2ltr and it could affect timing maps too... never really done this without a mapping session being involved so can't really comment on it further

<tuffty/>
Thanks mate. Yeah I was just wondering how it would cope, I imagined it would need tweaking somewhat.

If I ever do rods I will get it stroked for the extra displacement after seeing your dyno graph comparisons

Thanks mate. Yeah I was just wondering how it would cope, I imagined it would need tweaking somewhat.

If I ever do rods I will get it stroked for the extra displacement after seeing your dyno graph comparisons

You will need pistons and a rebore as well as a crank mate... just bare that in mind...

<tuffty/>

I thought that was the case.

Just out of curiosity, why can't you use the standard rods? I thought you'd just need longer rods. The rods need to be longer right?... I've slowly learning how cars work :p

I thought that was the case.

Just out of curiosity, why can't you use the standard rods? I thought you'd just need longer rods. The rods need to be longer right?... I've slowly learning how cars work :p

Not on 1.8t's no... the stroke is gained from using the TFSI 2ltr crank... this is a longer stroke than the 1.8t crank but uses the same length rod... you need stroker pistons though otherwise the 1.8t pistons will stick out the top of the block... stroker pistons have the pin closer to the crown to get over this issue

No one in their right mind would use std rods when doing this of course :)

<tuffty/>

Ahh thank you, I understand now.. Time to get saving!

I can't wait to drive my car after coilovers (hopefully I'll get it all done tomorrow).. Imagine it with new rods and a hybrid turbo!!

I hope it's not too much to ask, could you have a quick look at http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/urgent-rear-springs-help.230464/ and tell me if the spring is indeed upside down? The sooner it is resolved, the sooner I can get back to enjoying it!