Losing a Remap ?

DaveACQ20v

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-20v.co.uk
I think we all know by now that you can reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery for half an hour. But what happens if you`ve had a remap ? does it go back to original config ? If it does you could lose £500 worth of remap just by having a starter fitted, unless some sort of code saver for example was used. anybody know ?
i havent got a remap, i just want to know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dave ACQ 20v said:
I think we all know by now that you can reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery for half an hour. But what happens if you`ve had a remap ? does it go back to original config ? If it does you could lose £500 worth of remap just by having a starter fitted, unless some sort of code saver for example was used. anybody know ?
i havent got a remap, i just want to know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd *guess* that it shouldn't be affected, as AFAIK a map is coded into the ECU in a similar way to a flash-EEPROM; and as such the memory becomes non-volatile after the writing-process is complete.

That said though, I remember reading on one of the forums someone had a suspicion of losing a remap after battery disconnection/replacement - I'm not sure how that panned-out though; and whether it ever became a confirmed cause or not.

Regards,

Rob.

I have done this and my remap was fine afterwards...
Still pulls like a bitch.