Loose power on high revs

martin_can

Reaction score
Hi I am new here i got a 2002 s3 225 first and second gear is fine but the third gear soon as It goes over 5500 rave it starts hesitating it is the same as the 4th 5th and 6th gear I changed n75, n924, and mass meter now it's ok up to third gear then it starts doing it a little bit on fourth gear but its still bad on 5th and 6th gear I'm running out of ideas there's no foult code on the vag com please help!

i had a similar fault once i had my car mapped,after changing everything ! and getting no were i change the fuel pump for a spare i had...bingo,you could try checking your fuel pressure if you have the kit?

Thanks for the reply that's the only thing left to change do you have any idea how much are the fuel pump. I did a boost leak check and it was nothing wrong with it could it be the coil pack ???

i replaced all four of my coilpacks with genuine when i had my fault,as you... done it all bar the pump,the pump i got was used and around 30 quid

It always starts first time cold or hot but when it's very cold and when I start it raves jump up and down a few seconds and then it's fine before the remap it wasn't very noticeable after a remap you can really notice it

Ok thanks for your help I've got work tommorow so first thing Thursday morning ill change it and see what happens fingers crossed !

It was still doing it before the remap but it was very slightly and not very noticeable but after it is very noticeable and it feels like the rave limiter cutting in

that was just like mine bud,fine before map..after all the trouble started,swap the pump over and let us know the outcome bud