1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loose connection on Indicator

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Mikebabs1, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Jun 6, 2005]
    My front-left indicator keeps giving up on me and annoying me with the DIS beeping and double-speed indicating. It's done it ever since I've had the car and just meant I have to pull out the light unit and re-tighten every 2 or 3 months.

Ever since my neighbour reversed into the front of my car a few weeks back, its now happening all the time. The last straw was on Sunday when I tightened it up, drove down to the shops and it went again after 2 minutes!!

Is there anyway I can replace the bulb holder thing which screws into the light unit myself (which is presumably the problem), or do I have to take it into a dealer?

Cheers

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. mjsewell

mjsewell Member

[Jun 6, 2005]
    I've been having exactly the same problem and have literally just got back from the local dealership.

They replaced the bulb and the mechanic said that the contacts were slightly mis-aligned and he bent them slightly, to make a better connection. Cost £17 but I couldn't face the grief of trying to access the back of the headlight unit.

Might be worth trying on your car.

Good Luck.

Matthew
  4. dstech

dstech Member

[Jun 6, 2005]
    Yes, my guess is that it's the contacts and the fix that Matthew posted is probably what needs to be done to your headlight too.