1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks; pre and post

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by richyc, Aug 28, 2008.

1. richyc

richyc New Member

[Aug 28, 2008]
    I prefer the pre-facelift (yes I am bias obviously) but I think it's more menacing looking on the road and appears further away from the pre-A3 slightly more than the facelift vs new A3 does. I really don't like the lights either.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. richyc

richyc New Member

[Aug 28, 2008]
    I meant 'S3' in thread title of course
  4. Matt

Matt Active Member

[Aug 28, 2008]
    I think the facelift S3 looks better
  5. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

[Aug 28, 2008]

Me too. The face lifted jobbo looks far better than the older jobbies.

Nice lookin motor again Audi, it just seems no problem to get the best lookin motors on the market.
  6. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

[Aug 28, 2008]
    I know a bloke who has recently moved from being a salesman (sorry "Customer Liaison Consultant") at BMW (and before that Land Rover) to Audi.
    He says its the easiest selling job he's ever had.
    Apparently people just walk in and buy based on the looks alone (especially TTs and S5s he reckons). Says he's never known as many people put deposits down on cars without test driving them - and he's been doing this for 17 years.
    I find that sort of buying behaviour a bit shallow (and daft) myself and it ultimately means that Audi can afford to be complacent when it comes to the driveability of their cars. But that's folk for you.
  7. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

[Aug 28, 2008]
    :whistle2:...i guess that makes me shallow then!

I ordered the S3 as soon as prices and spec were available,and the test drive when it came in confirmed my apprehension.... i've had it 18 months now,and absolutely no regrets!!
  8. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

[Aug 28, 2008]
    I like both pre and post, thats because I dont think the facelift is radically different, few nips and tucks her and there, but not enough for me to like/hate it more than the pre facelift.

In fact if you had never seen an S3 before and looked at pre and post facelift, it wouldnt be obvious whish was the new `improved` version and which was the old.

Both fine looking cars.

cheers
    Paul
  9. Kris

Kris Member

[Aug 28, 2008]
    :iagree:

Not seen the new S3 in the flesh yet but had a look at a new S-Line in the dealers today. I think the new one looks ok but not enough for me to want to change models. I also don't have a problem with the mirrors, a little bigger but i could live with them. Strangely enough i never liked the new S3 wheels in pics but seeing the 19" version (i think their the same style) on the TTS i thought they also looked ok. Horses for courses!
  10. GlasgowRangers

GlasgowRangers GlasgowRangersFC

[Aug 28, 2008]
    :iagree: