looks ok but.....

jpda4

Reaction score
Advice needed please.........

going to work this morning, was hit from behind as slowed/ stopped in a que of traffic at a roundabout
it was a slow speed bump, as i say was stopped and thought the guy behind was....
it will have been less than 10mph, i was off the break so the car went forward
more of a rolling incident, wouldnt have thought he was on the accellerator just came off
the break to early
pulled over and had a look at the 'damage' exchanged details etc
everything looked ok this morning, got it home tonight and there is just a scratch running
horizontally along the lower side of the bumper... will get a pic up when get the camera back....
all the 'lines/gap' appear to be the same as before the bump
there just seems to be a bit more 'flex' in the bumper and when tap it doesnt sound as solid
as it use to....... or is it...... think there is....... not a thing do regularly so cant be sure
thinking will just let it go and not get involved with insurances, other car had no damage either
and the other guy was hapy to do this this morning

what do you guys reckon.......
let the guy know im happy to leave it or
get it checked out

cheers
hope this makes sense... bit tired long day at work... it makes sense in my head

p.s. i do know it could have been a LOT worse as jedi knights tale

Get it inspected... Damage like this sometimes isnt visible...with the crumple zones crumpled!!

Rich

there is an honeycomb aluminum block behind the bumper IIRC, this could be damaged. I'd have it checked.

as above, if its damaged it needs fixing, he should either fix it out of his pocket or get insurance to sort it

thanks guys

had it looked at yesterday

all appears to be ok