Looks like I'll be moving to a 5 door S3, anyone fancy a 3 door?

Roswell

Reaction score
Ok, this thread may be a little early, but it looks like I'll be purchasing an S3 Sportback for November delivery.

I'm wondering how much my current 3 door would attract as a private sale. You can see the spec below in my signature. The car has just over 11k miles on the clock at the moment and I would expect it to be not much over 15k in October, assuming that's when I sell it. I took out the 3 year service deal which I'm sure can be transferred and obviously it will have the remainder of the 3 year warranty. The car will be 2 years old at the end of September, so that'll be about 11 months left.

So what do you guys reckon it's worth and are any of you thinking about buying a 2nd hand S3, preferably round about October/November time??

If I only I could......:sorry:

Good luck with the sale dude!

Nice colour, nice spec, nice miles.
Even in 6months time it still has to be worth 22K+??

Would imagine it will sell pretty quickly.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks for the comments.

Yes congrats are in order....thanks :)

The main issue is the buckets. There's no ISOFIX in the front and getting into the back with buckets is almost impossible.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the S3 also has GAP insurance which covers it for the 3rd year and I'm sure it can be tranferred to the new owner.......hmmm I'll need to check that actually...

The wife and I are expecting our first early June and I'm definately keeping the 3 door S3. We've tried the car seat in her 5 door 1 series and in the back of the S3 with my buckets. I tell you, it's easier in the S3, no word of a lie. It's a simple fold forward and then slide. That's my argument anyway! Congrats by the way!

Keep the CAR!!! Too many new parents to be rush to sell and regret. Least try it for a few weeks first! Good luck and happy days ahead (Oh and MANY sleepless nights hee hee)

This thread is treading the fine line between Chat and For Sale Roswell, please keep the sales in the correct places.

PM sent
Hi Roswell check your message's mate.

Cheers Gaz m

I'd keep it and give it a go mate. If all else fails why not consider purchasing a pair of standard front seats and you could always sell off the buckets as you know they fetch good money! Must be a cheaper option than selling and buying a five door with similar spec!!

Get yourself to mothercare. You can trial fit the isofix base and then the gettng in and out of the rear with the baby seat. They provide the service free of charge so you can try before you buy. At least that way you'll get a better understanding if it'll work for you or just drive you doo-lally!

Get yourself to mothercare. You can trial fit the isofix base and then the gettng in and out of the rear with the baby seat. They provide the service free of charge so you can try before you buy. At least that way you'll get a better understanding if it'll work for you or just drive you doo-lally!

Thanks for the info Rico, I'll give it a try.

3 Doors and brats work fine. (not sure about buckets though)

Ive never felt the need for a 5dr in 9 yrs!

remslie20`s idea was spot on IMO. I bet you could get a swap for std chairs and upto a grand your way.

Good luck

3 Doors and brats work fine. (not sure about buckets though)

Ive never felt the need for a 5dr in 9 yrs!

remslie20`s idea was spot on IMO. I bet you could get a swap for std chairs and upto a grand your way.

Good luck

Cheers! Yeah I had considered a swap. I've already had a PM regarding them, so I'll keep it in mind.

You have the buckets for a reason. Yeh, you could get rid and make money, but you need some luxuries in life! Sorry to those who have offered to take them off your hands, but you can have a baby and run with the buckets. Mind you, I'm not talking from experience, yet, but I have shepherded the niece and nephew about in the S3 with buckets from time to time and it's not been an issue yet.

Each to their own as always. Get to mothercare/halfords, give it a bash and then decide from there. You need to be comfortable at the end of the day. The baby is far more precious than buckets or the car!

All the best.

Last edited: