Looks like I am migrating here from the B5's

mac1403

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just looking at getting a new S3....whats the opinion on the best colour? and what would be the best options to go for?

Moving to the dark side eh - welcome! :salute:

For me colours would be:
Sprint Blue
Ibis White
Or Missano Red
Assuming 3 door
On the sprotback I think the Deep Sea Blue will look really good.

Options:
Bluetooth Phone prep
Interior Light pack
Bose
Electric Lumbar
Sunband
Cruise Control
Symphony if you're not thinking about retrofitting the Sat Nav (Would cost about £700 instead of the delaers £2000!)
i-pod console - not the greatest piece of kit, but worth it really!
Folding Mirrors - depends on your situation, I'm in London so it's very useful to be bale to fold them away.

If your budget stretch's:
Buckets

Enjoy!

Thanks for the help guys.

I can tweek this but am looking at:
2o spoke wheels (cause the new style are blah)
Bucket seats
Sat Nav (unsure)
Sunroof
Phone prep
Bose

every car I have had has been black and although they look fantastic they are high maintenance. So, I am swaying to sprint blue or aruba blue. White looks stunning too.

I've just been speccing an S3 to get a few lease quotes. My spec was:

Bucket Seats
Bose
Symphony
Interior Light Pack
Rear Parking Sensor
Folding Mirrors
Pearlescent Paint

There's a lot more kit as standard on the new model which helps e.g. MFFBSW, heated seats etc.

Well its a real nice car, good choice. I'd actually have another!!

If you get the sat nav DEFINATELY dont spec the ipod prep, mine is now redundant!

Symphony if you're not thinking about retrofitting the Sat Nav (Would cost about £700 instead of the delaers £2000!)
Now now, you know full well it's only £1650 now! :asskicking:

:p

Sat Nav is £1650 on the quote they gave me. Why not get the Ipod prep if you have sat nav though? Speaking of prices I managed to undercut my Local dealer by £3500 and get Bose thrown in, Total for car was
1. Wheel upgrade
2. Bucket seats
3. Sat Nav
4. Sunroof
5. Phone prep
6. Ipod
7. bose
8. Interior light package

For this spec it cost £29900. What does everyone think about the 2 piece wheels on a sprint blue one.....colours are becoming a problem as I have to give them the final spec Monday

I think that is a pretty good price!
Is this on a brand new order, or one in stock?
Honestly - I'm not a fan of the 20 spoke wheels on any colour - sorry.

If you're getting the RNSe DVD sat nav it has 2 x SD card slots, so you can stick about 8gb of music in it... therfore no need to get ipod

Thats on a brand new car, delivery in Oct/Nov. Thanks for the info on the Ipod. I will delete that option and mayb go for the light and rain pack....so whats the best wheels option or do you like the new S wheels they come with?

If you're getting the RNSe DVD sat nav it has 2 x SD card slots, so you can stick about 8gb of music in it... therfore no need to get ipod

Exactly, and with the ipod you WONT see tracknames, with the SD card slots in the RNSe you will :thumbsup:

P.S. Nice price!!! :scared2:

Thats on a brand new car, delivery in Oct/Nov. Thanks for the info on the Ipod. I will delete that option and mayb go for the light and rain pack....so whats the best wheels option or do you like the new S wheels they come with?

I would say , stick with the S wheels as there Std/free , and get a nice pair of after market alloys , BBS/MTM or a like.

Put the S wheels back on for sale/trade in time , and sell the BBS

p

I agree with phantom - if you must have somethng a bit different buy some aftermarket BBS's.
Personally, I like the standard S wheels on the current car, and the one's on the facelift are growing on me! (Still prefer them to the 20 spokes!!!)
Only my personal opinion of course!
:thumbsup:

I agree with phantom - if you must have somethng a bit different buy some aftermarket BBS's.
Personally, I like the standard S wheels on the current car, and the one's on the facelift are growing on me! (Still prefer them to the 20 spokes!!!)
Only my personal opinion of course!
:thumbsup:

opinions taken onboard. i am leaning towards leaving the S wheels. It was only cause they were a £200 upgrade, which seemed cheap to me.

Had the 20 spokes on my phantom A3 2.0T. looked amazing

Although i agree with the above comments, buy some aftermarket rims.

Its £2175 on the Audi configurator!
That's the old pre-facelift price, due to Audi UK being utterly useless.

Download the price and spec guide for accurate pricing.

That's the old pre-facelift price, due to Audi UK being utterly useless.

Download the price and spec guide for accurate pricing.

I have the s3 sales book here and nothing ties up with the net on it. The price in here is £1650 and that is the new brochure for the new generation Audi dated from June 2008.

I still use my ipod prep... I dont care if I cant see the track names that much anyway... I found it tainted what I thought of the tracks sometimes! ;)

Its only annoying when you want to know who a track is by... and you have to take it out the dock...

Id spec it again if I had the cash to spread on the options... if I was in a place where I wasnt wanting to spend cash on options then maybe not.

and if the new rims are like the ones I saw at the dealers then I liek them too! ;)