Looking to sell my S3...Fair Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkoyaMike

Reaction score
Hey peeps!
Due to a change in circumstance (house purchase followed by engagement!), im considering selling the S3 and buying a runaround. Im looking for advice on price...

Its a 2000 X FACELIFT 210bhp. 100k. Totally standard. Black with Black Leather and the usual S3 spec. Tax till june 08, MOT end of year.

Recently had approximately £1000 of major service work done including cambelt, tensioners, waterpump, belts, coolant, oil and filter, air filter, Haldex filter and oil, spark plugs, front + rear discs and pads, new front and rear wiper blades. New floor mats. Fully refurbished S3 alloys (all of this work done less than 50miles ago using genuine Audi parts, as you can see I was thinking of keeping it long term)

It recently had a new exhaust fitted by Audi too!

Great condition car with good tyres. There is some minor stonechipping to the front but thats about it!

Realistically, the house purchase is draining my money faster than I thought so im trying to do the smart thing and sell the car to finance bathrooms and kitchens!

I was thinking of asking £6995, is this reasonable? Im not in a hurry to sell, but I also want to ensure its "priced to sell".

Anyone interested?

Advice appriciated. Thanks!

Black S3's are desireable anyways, so at £7k for a facelift model, you should get plenty of interest, CD changer, Bose sound system and heated seats are desireable also... not sure if you have these?

Goodluck with the sale.

Thanks for the replies, please keep them coming!
The car appears to be factory standard and comes with a cd changer. It does not have Bose, or heated seats.

Black on Black is certainly a good combo!

S3 prices seemed to have dropped right down the last few months.

When I bought mine in October 07 you very rarely saw one for less than 8k, I paid £7900 for my 2000 pre-facelift and it was a bargain at the time :huh:

Prices seem to have dropped right down though recently, see plenty for under £7.5 k now and a few under 6k !

AkoyaMike said:
Thanks for the replies, please keep them coming!
The car appears to be factory standard and comes with a cd changer. It does not have Bose, or heated seats.

Black on Black is certainly a good combo!

CD changer was an option, one out of three aint bad. ;)

AkoyaMike said:
Hey peeps!
Due to a change in circumstance (house purchase followed by engagement!), im considering selling the S3 and buying a runaround. Im looking for advice on price...

Its a 2000 X FACELIFT 210bhp. 100k. Totally standard. Black with Black Leather and the usual S3 spec. Tax till june 08, MOT end of year.

Recently had approximately £1000 of major service work done including cambelt, tensioners, waterpump, belts, coolant, oil and filter, air filter, Haldex filter and oil, spark plugs, front + rear discs and pads, new front and rear wiper blades. New floor mats. Fully refurbished S3 alloys (all of this work done less than 50miles ago using genuine Audi parts, as you can see I was thinking of keeping it long term)

It recently had a new exhaust fitted by Audi too!

Great condition car with good tyres. There is some minor stonechipping to the front but thats about it!

Realistically, the house purchase is draining my money faster than I thought so im trying to do the smart thing and sell the car to finance bathrooms and kitchens!

I was thinking of asking £6995, is this reasonable? Im not in a hurry to sell, but I also want to ensure its "priced to sell".

Anyone interested?

Advice appriciated. Thanks!

Sold my pre-facelift (same year) yesterday for £7850 mate. Hope that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.