1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get Xenons (possibly BI XENONS)

nagges187 Oct 25, 2003

1. nagges187

nagges187 New Member

i have a 99 A4 2.8 that came with regular headlights and i want to put in xenons, maybe bi xenons. would it be possible to fit bi xenons on my car? i've looked on ebay and i can buy bi xenons out of a A8 / E55 / RS6 and other cars, but idk if they have to be custom fitted or if i need anything else... or how much it would cost to install.

also, i want to get the all clear headlights (removing the orange) along with the xenons... can anyone point me out to a kit that i can buy online with a good xenons with everything included, and the all clear headlights.

i've seen some online but i dont know if they include everything and im a little skeptical, so i came to the forums, thanks in advance

-Nagges... (aka newbie)

2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

3. excursion

excursion Member

You can't fit Bi-Xenons in the true sense of the word - these are quite a complicated system with their own control box. You can have dual Xenon which is both main and dip beam.

4. nagges187

nagges187 New Member

i kind of expected not being able to get bi xenons, but im still in the woods on what kit i should get..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=2438019855

that kid includes...
    2 x Brand New OEM AUDI HELLA Ballasts

2 x Brand New Osram Xenarc 4100K D2S HID bulbs

2 x Harness Wire sets

do i need anything else?

plus i wanna get all clear headlights.. after i put xenons in, can i just install clear corners for like 55$ (off ebay) or do i have to install a whole new housing?

5. excursion

excursion Member

No that kit will be fine, looks a very reaonable price too!

You say 'all clear' - do you mean E-codes off the later 99+ A4? If you have the 2 piece headlamps that kit wont work for you as you have H4 bulbs not H7.

6. nagges187

nagges187 New Member

i have 2 piece headlamps i think, how can i tell if i have a 99, or a 99.5?

if i do have a 99, can i get a xenon kit and also 1 piece all clear euros?

7. excursion

excursion Member

It dosen't matter if it's a 99 or 99.5 mate, if you've got 2 piece headlamps (and your car isn't an S4) then you can't fit the kit.

You need to upgrade to E-codes, this involves trimming the front fenders to suit the new lights.