Looking to buy

Ozz

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Looking at buying an 8L facelift S3. Was just wondering (This is cheeky I know) but is there anyone in the north east area that could take me for a spin in one as I've never been in one and want to see what they're like before I go selling my car. I stay in South Shields and will travel. I just hate wasting peoples time so I wouldn't want to go to someones house telling them I'm going to buy their car just to test drive it.

Cheers

Ozz

Just do it. Or maybe go to a local car dealer and try them for test drive.
you never know you might find a better car than the private one you test drive.
Passenger rides isnt the same.

There isn't any local for sale at all! I'm shocked. I'm still torn between the audi and a 330 coupe :p I drive a 318ci at the moment but it's just a bit slow for me! not the best of engines either really. But I reckon the Audi would be cheaper running costs and much better in winter

I've driven 318i and a 225 1.8t (lightly modded)
Also driven a 330cd.

330ci are good value now too. Straight 6 engine sounds a lot nicer to be honest
I prefer the coupe look but the s3 seems more chuckable and fun

Feedback of the 330 might be better thoughts I find Audi a little bit numb, but trade off and depends what you want

yeh they're around the same price for the same mileage. To me it's a proper hard one because I love my BM I'm just so bored of it but on the motorways it's so comfy. I'm 6ft2 as well and don't feel big in the coupe. They're both pretty bombproof although with a turbo I feel there's more to go wrong but if something goes wrong on the BM It'll cost more. They're pretty equal on everything :S (I know this has nothing to do with the title now :p )

The 330 is a nice capable car but is getting old like the s,,,,,,your choice mate i personally would go for an s3 from here then you know its ups and downs....;)
for the record mine wizzed all over a 330 at 300bhp..time and time again cos he was my mate..

haha yeh I know a modded S3 would anhialate a 330. I just have the BM bug :p But I do wanna try something new. Maximum I'll be keeping it is for 18 months anyway, I should qualify then and be able to afford something newer! There's the fact I'm 20 as well and although I love being a little bit sideyways in the bmw and I also know how easily it can catch me out. Even in a 143bhp torqueless 318ci. Cost me £1600 once but we wont get into that. So with the Audi the temptation isn't there and I think it would be a wiser safer choice. But do I want to be wise and safe? haha

ah, thanks that's actually great to know :)

6 ft 2, big lad and I have a long top half, if you get what I mean ! No probs and thats with a sunroof although its the newer S3 P8 I have, but went in a 57 plate S3 first and loved it. More than enough room for me especially in a S tronic, seats are comfortable everything good so far, not had it long.

I just moved from a 320d m sport tourer in manual, and before a vw golf 2.0tdi sportline estate, both were ball crushers, cramped compared to this ! I also looked at civics the old shape, very cramped also.

Come to Stockton and I will take you out in my lightly fettled S3.... Then I'll take you out in his big brother....lol

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
what you got in reserve in the big brother department ?
This....
null-31.jpg

Reactions: voorhees and Sandra
On my way! :p But seriously, sounds good. I'll defo come down!

Which one do you prefer or do they both have their merits ?
Two totally different beasts....Both have there own merits.... Had my S3 for 3 and a half years.... Labour of love in the Moneypit Club...
Only had the RS4 for a couple of months...But what a car....

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
haha, "looking to buy" is now "Going to buy" Went out for a spin in the S3 today even got a drive :) loved it, went like poo off a shovel! (after I stalled it about 3 times) not used to a decent clutch lol. But yeh, loads of room for a big lad like me, comfy as anything, interior looks a lot nicer in person than it has done on any adverts and so does the car! Can't wait to sell the BM and pick up a nice S3. The RS4 was really nice, and the sound was incredible... bit out my price range though! Thanks again Cecil!

Reactions: s3dave
Hahaha.... No problem mate..... Nice to blow a few cobwebs off the old girl.....You should be able to get a nice late facelift model with what you've got to spend.... Glad I could sway your decision... They really are a nice car...

Reactions: Sandra
Yeh just trying to find the right one. Around 100k, grey, facelift, heated leather are a must. Bose system wouldn't go a miss though! 4k to spend. Doesn't seem unrealistic. I miss having a grey car though, my Ibiza 130 looked clean all the time!

Haha, well I'm sold on an s3 now :) (is that the right phrase?) don't know why my mind went blank their...

youve been possessed by the goddess of speed and luxury trim

Reactions: Ozz