1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy refurb turbo

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Turbo Lag FTW, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Turbo Lag FTW

Turbo Lag FTW Hate those none insured you know who types

Hey guys, got a rattle coming from the turbo unit as it comes down on the revs. Its silent on acceleration, holds boost really well and the engine doesnt use any oil and shows no sign of blue/black smoke. But like I say its got a horrid chatter/rattle noise when I release the accelerator.
    My brother has got a friend who is an audi/vw technician and he eliminated the noise as coming from the CAT or any of the heatshields around the cat. But because the car was really hot when he looked at it he didnt want to remove the pipes to check if there was any play on the turbine bearing. The cars just gone 99k and was wondering if the best bet was to replace the turbo with a refurb, he advised he could get one with discount new from stealers but advised I should shop around.

So anyone know of a good reputable place to get hold of a refurbed K03 turbo and what damage its gonna do to the pocket?
  2. stub

stub the matrix is comin

try google when mine went thats where i found a good second hand one. turbonetics is prob the best ones to use. i was quoted 250-350 for a exchange an 400-500 for a new recon one
  3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like the bearing are starting to ware.
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Depends how quick you need it, there is a nice hybrid going soon according to Lee Goodall