1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy my First Audi, need help...

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by EBZ, Nov 23, 2004.

1. EBZ

EBZ New Member

Need some advice here. Im looking to buy my first audi and according to my budget Im looking at an A4 1.8T Quattro. Im looking to spend about $15k. (any chance I could get an s4 in that price range?) Now Ive looked one some consumer rating sites about the A4 98-2001 and I hae seeen alot of problems with various things, coils, rear differential, rattles, ect... I know alot of these rating sites, and even some forums, turn into bashing sites. My questions: what year should I look into, any one year better or worse than another? Are the things Im hearing on the consumer rating sites true, what problems should I be aware of. Im looking for one with round 50-60kmi. Are there any major problems to look for when Im shopping around and should I get an extended warranty? Also i refuse to drive anything but 5 speed and I have heard of clutch problems...any truth to this. Thanks for the help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif