looking to buy audi a3 2.0tdi sport 3 door any buying advice please

conorw

Reaction score
looking to buy audi a3 2.0tdi sport 3 door like (04 onwards) with low milage coz planning on remaping a few other things, any buying advice please and like what to look out for please ?

thanks

looking to buy audi a3 2.0tdi sport 3 door like (04 onwards) with low milage coz planning on remaping a few other things, any buying advice please and like what to look out for please ?

thanks
service history turbos are made of cheese check what number the head {there is a thread on here called how will i know if my head will crack is if it begins with a or b be wary}

clutch can be delicate see if there is cabin shake when idling could be flywheel problems there is loads of things to frighten you

but I've had mine for 4yrs nearly and have enjoyed owning her oh also stick a s3 badge on the back it really annoys the s3 elite on here lmao

service history turbos are made of cheese check what number the head {there is a thread on here called how will i know if my head will crack is if it begins with a or b be wary}

clutch can be delicate see if there is cabin shake when idling could be flywheel problems there is loads of things to frighten you

but I've had mine for 4yrs nearly and have enjoyed owning her oh also stick a s3 badge on the back it really annoys the s3 elite on here lmao

Hmmm.. You've worried me now! I've got a 57 plate A3 140 TDI and on idle it does shake a bit.. Got any more info on this?

there's lots of info on this on here it could be your egr valve flywheel engine mount or paranoia reading this forum the later has had me fretting on many a drive home lol

there's lots of info on this on here it could be your egr valve flywheel engine mount or paranoia reading this forum the later has had me fretting on many a drive home lol

I shall do some research in that case, I bought the car with 3 years warrenty and havent even owned it a month, so i'll go back at the weekend and talk to them, its got a little while yet to go wrong if they try fobbing me off.

cheers for the info mate, oyster you got a build thread ?

I got one recently.

Re the head, you won't have much choice buying an older car.
There's info on here somewhere, but basically A apparently almost always fail, B sometimes and C never.
But they didn't start fitting B and C till much later on.
So unless you find one which has already had a replacement, it will be A.

Take off the engine cover, look at front right, by the metal pipes, number is backwards in the head casting itself.

Re clutches and flywheels. It's not un common to replace a dual mass flywheel along with the clutch. But only if needed. Genuine ones can last a long time, depends how it's been driven. I've seen clutches last a few k, to 150k plus.