Looking to buy an RS3

Chris E

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm eying up a couple of RS3's local to me, one at Eastbourne Audi - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709149307457?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

and one at Maidstone Audi - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711131205422?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

I'm expecting the Maidstone one to come down in price a little within the next few days. They wouldnt offer discount when i went in on Sunday, said it's priced by audi central office and changes every 10 days.

Quite tempted by the catulunya but not sure i want to stand out that much :)

Before i take the plunge i thought i'd ask if anyone on here was selling or looking to sell their RS3? as you do tend to get more for your money on a private sale.

Looking forward to joining the RS3 club, previously had an S3 but sold that earlier this year.

Cheers!

Chris

Reactions: Terminator x and teslaboy
I went from an S3 to an RS3 just over a year ago. Great cars, just make Shure you get the sports exhaust, a must have option.

Reactions: Chris E and DW81
The super sports seats are another must have in my book very comfortable and surportive plus look great too

Reactions: Davidv0695 and Chris E
The super sports seats are another must have in my book very comfortable and surportive plus look great too

Unless you're sitting in the back.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Chris E and zaka7
I haven't seen any 16 plate cars as low as £32k
The Catalunya one does look a good price, it’s a 65 plate registered in jan 2016. Dynamic pack, ss seats, black pack for 32,750. I’m going to go and have a look on sat.

Reactions: AudiNutta and DW81
The Catalunya one does look a good price, it’s a 65 plate registered in jan 2016. Dynamic pack, ss seats, black pack for 32,750. I’m going to go and have a look on sat.

My input, the leather in the catalunya car seems to have a lot of bad creases & marks.

Reactions: Chris E
I do love the black pack on the catalunya a fantastic colour combination. I’m sure the seats can be rectified perhaps.

F/L with 250 miles for under £42k here (no options other than comfort pack that I can see).

I see that mate ****** cheap but then again it looks quite bland to me with no real spec could be a great company car option

I agree - not a spec you would really want hence the pricing I imagine.

It`s a bit silly to just accept a fat spec although the only time you have anything out of it is when you are selling and than you can in the best of worlds get at the most around 30% of the value and in the most times even less? Is it worth it? Not to me but have an understanding of those which it is. Although its not worth just checking fat specks if the prise is right and it probably is.

It`s a bit silly to just accept a fat spec although the only time you have anything out of it is when you are selling and than you can in the best of worlds get at the most around 30% of the value and in the most times even less? Is it worth it? Not to me but have an understanding of those which it is. Although its not worth just checking fat specks if the prise is right and it probably is.

Most people use their cars every day for 3-4yrs before selling up and starting over again with a new car. Bit like a mattress, you spend most of your life on one, why buy a cheap mattress when you spend 33%+ of your life on one?

Sure, you can go over the top on spec and p*ss money into the wind but what’s an extra £100 a month or so if it’s going to keep you happy every day? An RS3 poverty spec is not a nice place to be. Supersports a must for example but some people are content with the standard S line leather type seats that you would find in a 1.6 TDI S Line. I do think you should limit options to about 10-15% of purchase price though, you can as you say recoup some of that at the end, more so if selling privately.

And the more spec you add, the easier it is for the dealer to discount the price if you stick to your guns. I added nearly £7k of options for £2.5k. In reality, these options cost nearly nothing - i.e. black optics pack - option price £800, cost to Audi probably zero.

Reactions: DW81
Most people use their cars every day for 3-4yrs before selling up and starting over again with a new car. Bit like a mattress, you spend most of your life on one, why buy a cheap mattress when you spend 33%+ of your life on one?

Sure, you can go over the top on spec and p*ss money into the wind but what’s an extra £100 a month or so if it’s going to keep you happy every day? An RS3 poverty spec is not a nice place to be. Supersports a must for example but some people are content with the standard S line leather type seats that you would find in a 1.6 TDI S Line. I do think you should limit options to about 10-15% of purchase price though, you can as you say recoup some of that at the end, more so if selling privately.
Agree with some of your comments BUT the Standard RS3 Sport seats are superb in my opinion and nothing like those in an SLine and we have owned both and done a side by side comparison.

Agree with some of your comments BUT the Standard RS3 Sport seats are superb in my opinion and nothing like those in an SLine and we have owned both and done a side by side comparison.

They look identical in the pictures I have seen? Do you have any pics you can post?

They look identical in the pictures I have seen? Do you have any pics you can post?

250d0c131c231a93206181142fdcfb32.jpg
eb42c7bcf82c0ec38f54c3bb55d436a5.jpg

The RS are far more supportive with various Leather ( nappa and soft backs) whereas standard SLine are Leather/cloth and whilst Ok are most definitely not as good as RS3 standard seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supersports seats massively improve the interior. The materials used might be different, but come on, they look virtually identical to the s-line seats!

Reactions: AudiNutta and DW81
Supersports seats massively improve the interior. The materials used might be different, but come on, they look virtually identical to the s-line seats!
In my opinion they only 'massively improve the interior' if you have got them! For my 2p I drove several RS3 before making my order and couldn't really see the benefit. I agree the RS and s-line seats look similar but so does an RS3 and an S3 to the uninformed. The seats are certainly not the same to sit on in my opinion and I am quite happy with my choice.

Off the Configurator...

1.6 TDI S line with optional leather seats.

FA0C9F1D E071 423A 9415 95EE24B19939

Standard RS3 seats...

3E7AC327 6A34 47EC 9EA2 11C6A1E229BF

Yes, granted they are not standard spec in the 1.6 A3 car but they can be optioned. Not clear that the padding and boosters are different.

Admittedly I’ve never seen an RS3 with the standard seats, I was just put off them for looking a lot like the Audi S Line seats (in other S Line ranges where leather is standard and not a paid for option) These seats to me are like the S Line alloy rotor alloy wheels that have been on every S line Audi car over the last 10yrs.

For me anyway, I just think the Supersports are a must but as always, personal opinions are just that.

But yes you could say the same about the Supersports in the S3 and RS3, exactly the same bar the badge.

Dissapointed there wasn’t a TTRS type seat option, those are far better.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Splathead and RGBARGEE
Try them! My RS4 order has no option other than the SSS seats but these appear different again from the RS3 and have a massage function. The test for me as always is would I order SSS if they cost more money on an RS3? If I liked them I would have had them and it wouldn't have stopped me ticking other option boxes instead. Pan Roof, B&O and Tech pack are more important to me but as stated personal opinion. Bit like Dynamic pack. It is well documented that on a track Mag ride helps, as for the exhaust noise my RS3 pops and bangs with the rest of them and appears noisier then the FL with Sports exhaust.. if that's what you want go for it.

I see that mate ****** cheap but then again it looks quite bland to me with no real spec could be a great company car option

There a good firms out there that will fit factory options. Richter sport in Milton Keynes for example.

Morning all,

I'm eying up a couple of RS3's local to me, one at Eastbourne Audi - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709149307457?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

and one at Maidstone Audi - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711131205422?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

I'm expecting the Maidstone one to come down in price a little within the next few days. They wouldnt offer discount when i went in on Sunday, said it's priced by audi central office and changes every 10 days.

Before i take the plunge i thought i'd ask if anyone on here was selling or looking to sell their RS3? as you do tend to get more for your money on a private sale.

Looking forward to joining the RS3 club, previously had an S3 but sold that earlier this year.

Cheers!

Chris

There’s a great example here. All the options I’d want ticked and 4 year warranty so At least 2 years left.

If I was in the market for one right this second I’d be snapping this one up.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712091945431

There a good firms out there that will fit factory options. Richter sport in Milton Keynes for example.
Had a quick look at the web page mate, to be honest nothing on there that I would want fitting to the car that I couldn’t get at factory build stage, would be a lot cheaper as well. If I’m being honest not much of a fan of the abt items, looks like a pimped up s3. Of course just my opinion.

Bought the catalunya today, very happy

Reactions: Evotion, FBF01, Evil Diesel and 1 other person
Any recomendatoins for first mods? On my s3 I added the racingline turbo inlet which was a very cost effective first mod. Don’t want to do too much but open to suggestions? I’ve got carbon mirror caps ready to go on, should look good with the black pack.

Any recomendatoins for first mods? On my s3 I added the racingline turbo inlet which was a very cost effective first mod. Don’t want to do too much but open to suggestions? I’ve got carbon mirror caps ready to go on, should look good with the black pack.
HI mate congrats on the car, first mod I done was to buy obdeleven and activate the oil temperature readout on the DIS. This to me is a must as you will then know what temp your oil is before you start to give it the beans. Don’t know why it was not standard with Audi but it is important to know. Sorry I know this isn’t a performance mod but a crucial to have in my books.

HI mate congrats on the car, first mod I done was to buy obdeleven and activate the oil temperature readout on the DIS. This to me is a must as you will then know what temp your oil is before you start to give it the beans. Don’t know why it was not standard with Audi but it is important to know. Sorry I know this isn’t a performance mod but a crucial to have in my books.
The oil temp was hidden in amongst lap timer screen on the s3, is it here for rs3?

It is mate but I wanted it on the screen at all times. It’s part of the sub screen on the DIS that you control with the left thumb roll button on steering wheel. To activate it you need either vcds or I used my obdeleven tool. It to me is the first mod that I did and is quite important one as when the oil is 80+ and road conditions dictate then all bets are off:sunglasses:

It is mate but I wanted it on the screen at all times. It’s part of the sub screen on the DIS that you control with the left thumb roll button on steering wheel. To activate it you need either vcds or I used my obdeleven tool. It to me is the first mod that I did and is quite important one as when the oil is 80+ and road conditions dictate then all bets are off:sunglasses:
Obdeleven tool worth a purchase? £40 seems a bargain, do you pay more for certain features on the app?

It’s worth it to me as I will be doing my own servicing so need it to reset the service indicator. I plan on keeping the vehicle for the long haul so won’t entertain dealership for this. You buy credits from the app with most applications require a minimal of 10 credits so abit like a pay as you go tool. Very easy to use probably why I got it and is only compatible with android, hope this helps mate, car looks great

But yes you could say the same about the Supersports in the S3 and RS3, exactly the same bar the badge.

Dissapointed there wasn’t a TTRS type seat option, those are far better.
In the PFL you could not get the red SS seats in the S3 which is why a lot of us chose them. Afaik you can now spec them in the S3 and RS3 which is a shame.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

And the more spec you add, the easier it is for the dealer to discount the price if you stick to your guns. I added nearly £7k of options for £2.5k. In reality, these options cost nearly nothing - i.e. black optics pack - option price £800, cost to Audi probably zero.

Could you provide details of what options you got and which dealer?
My s3 just turned 3, mot done but I can't get the rs3 out of my head!

Morning all,

Cheers!

Chris
Mine is available. 16k miles.

Could you provide details of what options you got and which dealer?
My s3 just turned 3, mot done but I can't get the rs3 out of my head!
I went for Daytona, Black optics pack, 19" wheels, Sport Pack, B&O, folding mirrors, SS seats, some of the safety stuff (the wife was with me when ordering) and a few bits and pieces.

Reactions: DW81
What spec? What did you pay. I'm after about £35/36 for mine. You will enjoy it!!
Jan 2016 registered (65) 21k miles, catalunya red with black pack, dynamic, comfort, super sport seats, black rotors (wider fronts) & privacy glass. Think that was everything.....

32,500 direct from Audi Eastbourne

Collecting tomorrow

Reactions: Evotion and DW81