Looking to buy an RS3 8P

bobby_s3

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to buy an White RS3 8p. Seen one on the Stratstone website -

http://www.stratstone.com/search/ve...rs3--automatic-petrol-white-hatchback-r53sbk/

Its got a private plate on it R53 SBK - Does anyone know this car?

Ive rang Audi UK to find out the history, the last one it had was in OCT 2015 @ Around 20k ish.

Currently mileage is 22k ish - not much mileage in the last 1.5 years by the looks of it. Is this something i need to double think?

I owned a Audi S3 8p sportback for 4 years, so im familiar with this chassis.

Cheers

Reactions: 45bvtc
Looks nice bobby and sits nice; it's younger than my own RS3 with nearly twice as many miles! So that concerns me not!

I've 2-other Audi to use (keeping my own mileage low) and prefer to keep the RS3 for days when I can devote more time to pure RS3 enjoyment; and who knows, the previous owner to this RS3 did too.

Fabulous motor car is the 8P RS3; do it...

Quattro Club Capture

5-years of ownership and still nowt (at any price) that tempts me to change.

Reactions: bobby_s3 and Sandra
Looks nice bobby and sits nice; it's younger than my own RS3 with nearly twice as many miles! So that concerns me not!

I've 2-other Audi to use (keeping my own mileage low) and prefer to keep the RS3 for days when I can devote more time to pure RS3 enjoyment; and who knows, the previous owner to this RS3 did too.

Fabulous motor car is the 8P RS3; do it...

5-years of ownership and still nowt (at any price) that tempts me to change.
Cheers pal, I'm planning on keeping it a while. Just thought it would be worth to get other opinions on it or if people knew the car or not.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc
Two issues with the RS3: 1) common: rubbish front brake pads causing all manner of issues (low speed brake squeal and deposits on the disc creating a 'warped' brake disc feel) from day #1 with a number of upgrades - front air ducting - that didn't resolve the issue (EBC Redstuff does!) and 2) rare: leakage from the high pressure fuel pump.

I know of no other common issues with these cars and I've had my hands on quite a few.

Update Codes - that don't necessarily apply to ALL cars - depending on build date - but check with any Audi Service dept (ask nice) as they will be listed if applied:

39E1: Haldex

20T9: Fuel Pump

SVM01A098: ECU

SVM02A039: ECU

661G: Offside inner wheel duct

46F8: Offside front brake duct

4716: Brake caliper, brake pads and brake discs

48J6: (checksum error only)

TPI2029738: Code change for the rear license plate illumination, rear wipe, etc

2029184/1: Passenger sport seat - which has been reported as noisy (rattles)

There's a Radio/Nav update but I do not know the 'update code'

Hope this helps

Reactions: bobby_s3
Two issues with the RS3: 1) common: rubbish front brake pads causing all manner of issues (low speed brake squeal and deposits on the disc creating a 'warped' brake disc feel) from day #1 with a number of upgrades - front air ducting - that didn't resolve the issue (EBC Redstuff does!) and 2) rare: leakage from the high pressure fuel pump.

I know of no other common issues with these cars and I've had my hands on quite a few.

Update Codes - that don't necessarily apply to ALL cars - depending on build date - but check with any Audi Service dept (ask nice) as they will be listed if applied:

39E1: Haldex

20T9: Fuel Pump

SVM01A098: ECU

SVM02A039: ECU

661G: Offside inner wheel duct

46F8: Offside front brake duct

4716: Brake caliper, brake pads and brake discs

48J6: (checksum error only)

TPI2029738: Code change for the rear license plate illumination, rear wipe, etc

2029184/1: Passenger sport seat - which has been reported as noisy (rattles)

There's a Radio/Nav update but I do not know the 'update code'

Hope this helps
Cheers pal, this looks really helpful. I'm going to view the car this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to find out a bit more information

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kash_v