1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking To Buy An Audi

s3quattropower May 11, 2005

1. s3quattropower

s3quattropower New Member

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums and i was wondering if I could get some advice on this beautiful car. I know i'm planning on buying an audi a4 between 1996-2006 for around $3000-$5000. First off is that possible cause everyone i've talked to so far said it prolly wont happen but thats all the money I can spare and i DONT want a loan. Maybe sumone would have a better plan for me to shoot for? I'm in desperate need of a car and I really want the audi a4, a4, s4 whatever there all gorgous and powerful. Also is it true the audi has a transmission problem...? thanx for your help.

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The gearboxes are fine but the control arms are the main issue on these cars.

Has for getting one for that amount of money I would suggest you check Autotrader.com for a guide price as most of the people on here are UK based so would have no idea of prices but I would have to say that you would not pick up a good one for that price.

May be looking in salvage for a very light pranged one or maybe a stolen recovered car as this would be a lot cheaper and you could fix things up as you went along (ebay is great for parts).

3. Guest

4. s3quattropower

thanx fellas.. i didnt realize most of you guys are from the UK my apologies.. but I was also considering getting a seized or repoed audi... 3 of my friends did an there cars are perfect.... i seen a 2003 audi s4 up for auction bidding starts at only 1500... i might go for it i dunno how i would feel bout that.. so well see what happens..

5. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

best of luck jon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. s3quattropower

haha thanx I think i'm going to need it for the next 2 months or so.