1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking To Buy An Audi

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by s3quattropower, May 11, 2005.

1. s3quattropower

s3quattropower New Member

[May 11, 2005]
    Hey everyone I'm new to the forums and i was wondering if I could get some advice on this beautiful car. I know i'm planning on buying an audi a4 between 1996-2006 for around $3000-$5000. First off is that possible cause everyone i've talked to so far said it prolly wont happen but thats all the money I can spare and i DONT want a loan. Maybe sumone would have a better plan for me to shoot for? I'm in desperate need of a car and I really want the audi a4, a4, s4 whatever there all gorgous and powerful. Also is it true the audi has a transmission problem...? thanx for your help.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 11, 2005]
    The gearboxes are fine but the control arms are the main issue on these cars.

Has for getting one for that amount of money I would suggest you check Autotrader.com for a guide price as most of the people on here are UK based so would have no idea of prices but I would have to say that you would not pick up a good one for that price.

May be looking in salvage for a very light pranged one or maybe a stolen recovered car as this would be a lot cheaper and you could fix things up as you went along (ebay is great for parts).
  4. Offline

5. s3quattropower

[May 11, 2005]
    thanx fellas.. i didnt realize most of you guys are from the UK my apologies.. but I was also considering getting a seized or repoed audi... 3 of my friends did an there cars are perfect.... i seen a 2003 audi s4 up for auction bidding starts at only 1500... i might go for it i dunno how i would feel bout that.. so well see what happens..
  6. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[May 11, 2005]
    best of luck jon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. s3quattropower

[May 12, 2005]
    haha thanx I think i'm going to need it for the next 2 months or so.