1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy an audi a4

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_squigo, Sep 24, 2004.

1. imported_squigo

imported_squigo Guest

im looking to buy an audi a4 1.8t either a '98 or a '99 and i'd like to know the differences between the two if any? also what is the differences between the quattro and the fwd, aesthetically i mean, is the interior different? how can i tell if it is drive by wire or not? sorry if these questions have been asked before, but i ran a search and only found limited information on some of my other questions.

thanks
  2. imported_squigo

imported_squigo Guest

any little bit helps, thanks alot
  3. imported_tristram

imported_tristram Guest

difference between quattro and fwd(front wheel drive) ...quattro uses all wheels to drive, front wheel only puts power to the front. - the tail lights on the 98 are slightly different to the 99 in that the reverse lights are higher and darker gray on the 98 - and moved down a little, much cleaner/more expensive looking on the 99
    the sidemarkers on the 98 are square, and rectangular on the 99
    and i can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned off the top of my head
  4. imported_squigo

imported_squigo Guest

good to know thanks, what about the interior though, i'm noticing some 1.8t's have 3 spoke steering wheels and others have 4 spoke...
  5. macca666

macca666 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    squigo said:
    good to know thanks, what about the interior though, i'm noticing some 1.8t's have 3 spoke steering wheels and others have 4 spoke...

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3 spoke steering wheel is part of the sport option. 4 spoke (I think) will probaly be the SE spec.
  6. imported_squigo

imported_squigo Guest

by the way, i live in canada, and it looks like 98/99's are being sold for anywhere around $13,000 - $20,000. What should i be looking to pay for something with reasonably low km's(no more than 110,000-120,000 km's) and in good shape?
  7. imported_christhick

imported_christhick Guest

The facelift happened in 99 as my V reg car has the facelift. Inside the car the dash lighting changed from soil red to red and white dials. The centre consol also changed as did the door handles.
  8. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

i think there was mild changes to the bumpers aswell, may be wrong though.