Looking to buy a DTM

LukeTripod87

Reaction score
As above, im possibly in the market for one of these and just wanted to know from fellow owners what they're like to live with on a day to day basis? What sort of mpg are you averaging? Not expecting it to be amazing obviously lol
I'm really tempted with a yellow one that's on ebay for 12,995 with only 5000 miles. I live in Kent and it's in wigan so bit of a trek!

As above, im possibly in the market for one of these and just wanted to know from fellow owners what they're like to live with on a day to day basis? What sort of mpg are you averaging? Not expecting it to be amazing obviously lol
I'm really tempted with a yellow one that's on ebay for 12,995 with only 5000 miles. I live in Kent and it's in wigan so bit of a trek!

If its the car you want then go for it, Yellow is my favourite colour, You should enquire about the car and the mileage and ask for a video and see what it is like before you go down to have a look, This Car has been for sale for a while and yelllow might effect the resale value.
But i must admit its a very nice car ! :)

Yes 5000 miles. Yea I did think it was rather cheap but going to hpi and check service history later at work to tie mileage up etc. Saying that there was a 57 rs4 a few months back that only had something like 1400 miles on it. Thanks for the reply! :)

Almost a year ago I sold my 8L S3 and bought a A4 DTM. The S3 was coming up to 70k and decided to sell while it was still worth a bit.

I wanted something a little different and not too silly on fuel, as it would be used for my commute to work. I had a look at a few cars, including E46 M3's, A4's, S4's etc. For me the best of both worlds was the DTM as there's not many of them on the roads, looks good and returns around 35 mpg on fuel. I'd love a B7 RS4 saloon but there out of my price range for a few years.

Having had it for almost a year, i'd definitely recommend buying one. The carbon fiber around the interior and comfy half leather seats make it a nice car to be in. Build quality is excellent, as you would expect from an Audi. The AWD make it fun to drive, even in the snow and rain.

Bad points, its not exactly fast. Its a big car and with only 220 odd bhp from its 2.0t engine, its to be expected. I've recently had APS in Brackley remap the car which as made a big difference in terms of power and its delivery. However, i'd avoid the A4 range if your expecting any serious performance.

Hope that helps, i'll get some pics up once the it stops snowing!

Thanks for the review! What colour did you get? Im in 2 minds whether to get an 8p s3 or a dtm and even though id love an s3 and its performance Im more swayed towards the rareraty of the dtm :)

DTM on 5k miles, seems to good to be true, I would take vcds & check for any issues with mileage in modules.

I own a Blue DTM, absolutely love it. I see up to 35mpg on motorways as per the other guys, mine's stage 1 remap only.

For a 5000 mile car, I'd definately check the car with VCDS, and give good thought towards what a car with 5,000 miles on it looks like inside. It should be mint.. carpets, wheel, engine bay, underside. Does it all add up?

Check the service history.. with such low miles it should be easy to show from the history if it's genuine or not.. call the dealer that serviced it and find out when they last saw the car (and at what mileage).

Hpi is clear, checked the history on our system and the mileage seems to tie up with servicing but yes as mentioned I'll give the servicing dealer a call. It went 2 years and only did 800 miles?! Lol

If be more worried about lack of Miles with carbon/sludge build up to be fair. As above I can get up to 40 on a run at 70. Mine is stage 2. If ya still looking for one in a few months i might be selling as new job coming up. I have s3 injectors and k04 turbo waiting to go on. Just waiting to send for rebuild.
P.s mine is yellow. Can't remember mileage as been on training course for over a week around 60k I think

Hello I have a dtm in yellow just turned 48.000 miles love the car to bits

Hello people my car photobucket.com/albums/ee414/sewell1/2011020.jpg[/IMG]

Yellow= Nicest :hubbahubba:

It may have been left around for abit but i shouldn't think it would cause a problem, it probably would need a good blast out on a long journey, so if you drive from there to pick it up back to wigan it should be fine.

2011020.jpg

Sewell10 - I once said that yellow only looks good on a Lamborghini. I was clearly wrong - that looks stunning! Never seen a yellow a4 in the flesh but that really does look fantastic.

Reactions: LukeTripod87
Mmm those pics make me want one even more! :yum: Do you guys that own yellow ones find you get a lot of attention then? I've tried emailing the dealer and had no reply and tried ringing but goes straight to answer phone. Damn it. Couldn't believe how cheap the insurance was, only £20 more than what I'm paying for my a1 £560. Thought being a rare car it would be mega money

It does get a lot of attention. I love it
#
so does mine, and i love it. and it is MUCH rarer here in Ireland (only 6 that i know of)
20121106 153926

maybe we should start a DTM thread, you know for what works and what doesn't with regards styling tuning etc?

as a side question, what did ye lads do for lowering the car. lowering springs? or coilovers and what make?

Attachments

• 20121106_153926.jpg
    20121106_153926.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 20121215_160244.jpg
    20121215_160244.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 181
i should add, it does about 24MPg around and about 33 outside town. and the engine is very tuneable, that is why i bought it.

That's great guys thanks for the feedback! Just about to ring the garage now. Phoned the Audi dealer who usually serviced it and vouched it only came in once a year for a mot/health check and it was immaculate

Will be phoning tomorrow to put a holding deposit down and going up to see and hopefully bring it back the middle of Feb! :)

Weighing up whether or not to sell mine if your interested? Silver, 66k, xenons, MFSW, rear Sensors, SAT Nav etc

Im thinking of selling mine if you are interested PM me, Sprint blue, K04 turbo all the toys 340bhp 477NM. Love it too much but just bought the wife an R32 so perhaps time for a TDI for a bit. Good luck finding one, you wont regret it!

Well a little update and I phoned up to place the holding deposit and apparently he sold it this morning! :( quite gutted tbh Tempted by an 8p s3 now I think.

Thats a shame, looked at the yellow one on ebay couple of weeks back.

i went to the dtm after an out and out show car and i get as much if not more attention from the general public in the dtm. Mine's got hybrid k04 and should be hitting near 400bhp soon :)

Thanks bud, it's not had much done looks wise. All engine mods so far and will be getting some different wheels in the next month or two.

Hope you can find something nice :)

Thats a shame, looked at the yellow one on ebay couple of weeks back.

i went to the dtm after an out and out show car and i get as much if not more attention from the general public in the dtm. Mine's got hybrid k04 and should be hitting near 400bhp soon :)

I thought yours had an RS4 bodykit on it? :eyebrows: