1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy a B7 3.0 TDi S-line

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Donald_MacIver, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Donald_MacIver

Donald_MacIver Member

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Hi all, i have been away from this forum for a while after selling my previous A4 1.9 TDi. I have a MG ZT CDTi at the moment, but after having a drive in a friend's A4 3.0 TDi S-line, i am now considering one myself. I have noticed that there are 2 outputs for this engine, my friend's car is a 2007 and has the 230 bhp engine, but my budget will not stretch that far,and i am looking at the earlier 200 bhp engine fitted to the 2005 models. Are there any known common faults with these 3.0 units? Can the earlier unit be remaped to the same output as the later engines? What service interval is the cambelt due for renewal? Any help or advice would be gratefully received. :thumbsup:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. Chris79

Chris79 On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Hi, I had an 05 200bhp version and it was brilliant.....until at 100k one of the timing chain tensioners needed swapping. Everyone says the chain should do 200k but mine didn't. Ended up trading it as the quotes to fix were 3k or more!

I would have another if I could afford a low milage one, I couldn't so got a 2.0 tfsi, which is nice. I never felt like chipping mine and it's the first car that I haven't for years.

Good luck.

Chris

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk