LOOKING TO BUY A A3 BLACK EDITION TDI

Plz get 2010 onwards avoid CBBB engine code. The hex drive into the oil pump is only 77mm long and wears. Audi fixed it in later engines with a 100mm long drive, giving an extra 23mm of surface area

Other than that they are solid, naturally the 170 is better and in my humble opinion is much more than the 140 with a map

Traditionally the 170 turbos have been stronger and more reliable too. 140 turbo seems to suffer with sticking vanes more readily

Apart from that they are solid and beautiful cars and will last forever looked after properly

If you get DSG it goes without saying check the box has had its 40k oil and filter changes.

If you get manual with Quattro check the Haldex and diff oil have been done at the correct interval

Other than than its the standard stuff, do HPI, check the MOT, etc

ok,thanks does the cbbb engine be in the 140bhp only or in the 170bhp model aswell,i dont want dsg,nothing but problems in my opinion..........are the engines the newer common rail (cr) ones?

ok,thanks does the cbbb engine be in the 140bhp only or in the 170bhp model aswell,i dont want dsg,nothing but problems in my opinion..........are the engines the newer common rail (cr) ones?

CBBB is 170

Oil pump issues only apply to the early common rail engines

Older PD engines had different setup

Unless you have a warranty avoid a dsg. Great when working but very costly when not. I would need 4 k in the bang in case it went wrong. I have a 140 and would like a bit more power but to be honest it does 80 mph and for me it's about the looks, toys and build quality. Get a late 2011 / 12 as nearly all the issues were ironed out. Not cheap though as they hold their value.

RNSe, Bluetooth and cruise retrofit able. Make sure heated seats, auto lights, wipers, interior light pack and dimming mirrors are fitted and you will have a very nice spec indeed if you do the retro mods. Btw this is what I did

Reactions: vw754 and Nobby87
I've had one for a couple of weeks and love it. I was lucky to find a high spec 2011 car with nav and panoramic roof as well as all of the toys Igooch mentioned.

The only issue I've noticed (well not really an issue) is the road noise on rougher surfaces. The S Line seems to be sensitive to tyre types. But I guess that's the pay off for good handling car.

Enjoy your search :)

Reactions: vw754 and lgooch
I've had one for a couple of weeks and love it. I was lucky to find a high spec 2011 car with nav and panoramic roof as well as all of the toys Igooch mentioned.

The only issue I've noticed (well not really an issue) is the road noise on rougher surfaces. The S Line seems to be sensitive to tyre types. But I guess that's the pay off for good handling car.

Enjoy your search :)
Not the comfiest of cars either but you get used to it. Testament to the build quality ! It'll it was a ford with a ride that hard it would fall apart in a week
You have the best colour btw. Same as mine

Very nice :)

The BOSE auto volume is rather annoying eh?! :audibash:

Your A4 looks sweet!

Just the regular stuff to look out for as mentioned above, hpi, service history, invoices and receipts ect.

A specced up a3 is what you want coming from the A4, with atleast half leathers, heated seats, mfsw (flatbottom), satnav, if you get one with the roof rails and pan roof big bonus!

Just looked at the car your selling. Very nice. Looks like a better spec than a BE. Why bother selling and buying an a3 ?
Thanks alot........is it priced right do you think?

Fancy a change thats all,i have owned a a3 tdi sport 5 door a few years back,great car,fancy a black edition,got have the xenons lol,+got a family car that the mrs has,i dont need a big-ish car like the a4,as im the only one ever in it,a3 bit smaller,suit me better.

Your A4 looks sweet!

Just the regular stuff to look out for as mentioned above, hpi, service history, invoices and receipts ect.

A specced up a3 is what you want coming from the A4, with atleast half leathers, heated seats, mfsw (flatbottom), satnav, if you get one with the roof rails and pan roof big bonus!
xenons,half leather(il put up with that) sat-nav bonus lol
thanks.

Black after a good Polish

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419902207177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419902207177.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 139
Sorry a bit off topic but didn't wanted to start a new thread.
I have a 62 plate black edition (factory ordered) and I couldn't get a Flat bottomed steering wheel because it wasn't compatible with the pack below...

Exclusive line pack - A3 Black edition includes:

• Black carpets
  • All black dashboard
  • Black cloth headlining
  • Two tone fine nappa leather upholstery (Red + Black)
  • Black door trim inserts
  • Audi exclusive door sill trims
  • Black floor mats with coloured piping (Red)
  • Colour coded stitching to steering wheel, headrest and gear lever gaiter (Red)
So my question is, which of the above isn't included in a standard black edition? The two tone nappa and all the colour coded stitching obviously, but what about the other stuff?
Thanks.

@vw754 - good luck with finding your a3 black edition ;)

I've just put a deposit on a black edition and it has got the flat bottom wheel as standard, not full leather though.

Reactions: Nobby87
I have a 62 plate black edition (factory ordered) and I couldn't get a Flat bottomed steering wheel because it wasn't compatible with the pack below...

• Black carpets
  • All black dashboard
  • Black cloth headlining
  • Colour coded stitching to steering wheel, headrest and gear lever gaiter (Red)
So my question is, which of the above isn't included in a standard black edition? The two tone nappa and all the colour coded stitching obviously, but what about the other stuff?
Thanks.

Must be something with the configuration which removed the fbsw. Every BE I looked at had one

• Black carpets
  • All black dashboard
  • Black cloth headlining
Thanks.

thanks

• Black carpets
  • All black dashboard
  • Black cloth headlining
Thanks.

thanks