1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Shortened Front Drop Links? OEM Solution

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by TDIQ, Sep 3, 2013.

1. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

I was recently looking for shortened drop links as the FK ones on my car failed. Instead of waiting for some from FK from Germany which was going to take well over a week, I found that W639 Merc Vito drop links could be used instead. They're approximately 220mm with an M12 stud so worked perfectly on the front of my A3 Quattro. Plus at EuroCarparts with their 25% off code they were cheaper than the FK drop links too.
  2. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Member

Nice find there. Although I didn't think that shorter droplinks made any difference on lowered A3's... its all about changing the ARB?
  3. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

This is a A3 quattro so is different from a normal A3 suspension setup.
  4. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

Im using fk coilovers on my s3 and same story my shortened droplinks have had it (lasted less than 2 months) will these work on the s3 to do you know. Thanks, daz
  5. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

Yeah the FK S3 and A3 coilovers are the same - it may depend how low you've taken it at the front but they worked fine for me.
  6. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Great find and thanks for the heads up. Im not that low so wortha go. Thanks again!!