1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for an S4 officianado!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by DamianS4, Aug 15, 2011.

1. DamianS4

DamianS4 New Member

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2001 Facelift S4 avant and I am looking for someone who knows these cars to give me maybe an hour of their time to look at a few niggling issues and give me a verdict - I am based i Bmth and Bracknell - anyone within an hour of either - I would willingly travel to get good knowledge and advice.

The key areas are the:

Nav Plus - I don't live in the English Channel and want to verify its state - or that of the GPS antennae
    Analog TV tuner - I know the signal is on the way out - but I want to qualify the unit before making a decision - again with the GPS antennae
    Tailgate - rear wiper arm and water jet are broken, i just want to get clarification on what's required here.

Thanks in advance.

Damian
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

The gps fault is common, get one of these SMB GPS Antenna Audi RNS BMW MK4 Blaupunkt VW mfd VDO f | eBay they are magnetic and fit just behind the glove box which is simple to remove.

Unless the car was retrofitted with rns-e you will have rns-d, and you cannot buy an OEM digital TV tuner for the rns-d There is an option to retrofit rns-e but you would need to get a faceplate made up, as this faceplate was never a perfect fit or the B5. If you do get an rns-e then you can retrofit the digital tv tuner however you would need some custom antennas to receive a signal.