1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for an A4 (B5)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_A4wanted, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Great board with tons of information, glad I found this place. Last night I read all threads here pertaining to "I want to buy an A4" and still have a couple questions.

1) Are the 95 models the same as other manufactuers 1st years, where there are lots of problems and breakage?

2) How peppy are the 1.8T w/5speed?

3) Can I get a Quattro 1.8T w/5 speed

Thanks for the help guys...

2. 1) iono.
    2) 150 horse power, 155 torque, 0-60 in about 8 seconds with nice pickup in 2nd gear
    3) yes.

3. GoSPeeDxRaCeR

GoSPeeDxRaCeR Member

2) later models bump the hp up and get new turbos. 170hp i beleive.

4. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

not sure wher your located, but here in the states, 96-00 have 150hp and the 2001 have 170hp(and those are the same for quattro and FWD)

5. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll end up with 150hp. With simple bolt-ons Intake/Header/Exhaust...
    (possible a chip) where will that put me in HPs?

6. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

don't bother about the intake, unless you are going to get a VERY GOOD head shield. Don't know about the heads for the 1.8T that are avilable. And for exhaust a lot of people go go with custom, but you can check out www.goapr.com, or www.lltek.com or www.awe-tuning.com for some exhausts. Unless you chip, you will only see like 10-20hp. The chip is your best bang for your buck. 30-50hp increase

7. If you all dont mind if I chime in....I have a question.
    Does a 1996-1998 1.8T Quattro 5-speed have only 150hp or 180hp? I am looking to buy one also. I heard someone say that one model year had 180hp. Thanks and sorry for the newbie question

8. GoSPeeDxRaCeR

GoSPeeDxRaCeR Member

is your from the states...like me... 150 is where you are.

9. GoSPeeDxRaCeR

GoSPeeDxRaCeR Member

i beleive its due to a smaller turbo?

10. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

no turbo difference, from what i know (or at least think i know) all the A4's have the K03 turbo the difference in HP is due to differnt programs in the ECU