1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Juicy Detailing' started by markos72, Aug 3, 2012.

1. markos72

markos72 Active Member

[Aug 3, 2012]
    Got the big 4.0 coming up in a few weeks,and hopefully if folks give me cash I'm looking to invest in a D.A. polisher(prob the dodo if in stock)and some goodies to clean up my brilliant red A3 V6,and remove some swirls and stuff-what goodies can you recommend along with other bits and pieces for the polisher,pads and stuff?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

[Aug 6, 2012]
    If your looking to concentrate on the polishing side then firstly you would need to fully decontaminate the paint work by using both an iron fall out remover such as Car Pro Iron X or Car Pro Trix (this combines tar removal as well) and then clay the vehicle. We offer various clay kits all of which are suitable and can meet a varying budget.

Once the car has been washed and dried after decontamination you need to tape up the panels using blue Scotch tape (found in the accessories section). The reason for this is that you find the paint thickness is much lower in these areas therefore you are protecting yourself from any potential burn through.

So your going to get yourself a Dual Action machine (we have quite a few dodo ones in stock at present) which will mean it will take slightly longer to correct hard Audi paint but it is achievable with patience. The biggest misconception about machine polishing is that is speeds up the process, whereas in actual truth is probably takes longer but the results are so much better and more permanent if you use the right maintenance techniques afterwards.

Either the Chemical Guys V range of polishes (V34; V36; and V38) or the 3M samples pots are suitable in combination with the orange, green and black hex logic 5.5" pads.

I would also get some Carpro Eraser which is used after polishing each section to remove oils and fillers which can mask correction. This enable you to see if any additional work is required.

Once the correction has taken place you may need to wash the vehicle if the polishes have splattered everywhere or simply full wipe down with Eraser. I would then apply a coat of Chemical Guys EZ Creme and a coat of Dodo Juice Orange Crush wax to give you a nice wet look....

If you need any more help just let me know
  4. markos72

markos72 Active Member

[Aug 7, 2012]
    Cheers Jen,have used clay kits before so am ok there,as for the other info much appreciated.Will look into my upcoming budget ;).
    Have ordered a couple things from you guys before,and been looking at the dodo polisher too.Just need to talk to she who must be obeyed now ;)
  5. Juicy Jen

[Aug 7, 2012]
    Treat her shopping and then its only fair if you have have something you want too ;)
  6. markos72

markos72 Active Member

[Aug 7, 2012]
    Lol,my bank card has already taken a pounding lately...hope the pregnancy is going well.
  7. markos72

markos72 Active Member

[Aug 7, 2012]
    Any guides for using a DA polisher would be much appreciated,if you have any.
  8. Juicy Jen

[Aug 8, 2012]
    Drop me an email and I can get one over to you....juicyjen@ juicydetailing.co.uk (remove the space)